LS1 Vs LT1

D0cks

Aug 5, 2003
Sorry guys i know this isnt 5.0 talk but to beat the enemy u gotta understand them! Whats the main differences of a ls1 vs a lt1, and what kinda power to they both put out stock, i hear a ls1 is 300 rwhp stock, what about a lt1? Which do u think has more potential, and if anyone has any dynos of stock ls1s and lt1s that would rule!

• Sponsors (?)

Ls1's can dyno anywhere from 285-310rwhp stock depending on tranny type and options from the factory. They can trap up to 110mph stock...

The lt1's dyno around 240rwhp and trap around 100mph or so...some as high as 102mph with the t56...

www.ls1.com has lots of info on them.

They both have great potential when you add heads/cam to them...they make great power. Just a cam swap on a otherwise stock ls1 can net you 35rwhp or so. That isn't the case on the 5.0L

The ls1 is a 346 cubic inch and the lt1 is a 350...both fall under the 5.7L category...

LS1's will and can do almost 13's flat with no mods. lt1= more low end torque, and ls1 has more top end power and is better for drag racing.

General Specifications
Displacement 5.7L (5665cc, 346ci) Gross Horsepower 310 @ 5200 RPM, 320 @ 5800 RPM
Bore/Stroke 3.90/3.62 Gross Torque 340 @ 4000 RPM, 330 @ 4400 RPM
Compression Ratio
10.1:1 Maximum RPM
Firing Order
1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 Out of crate weight.
Approximately 390 lbs.
Spark Plug
ACDelco 12
ACDelco 41-985 Spark Plug Gap
.060”, 1.524 mm

Block Specifications
Block Material
319-T5 Aluminum Block Description
90° V, Deep skirt with cast-in iron sleeves.
Bore Spacing
4.40” Deck Height
9.24”
Main Bearings
5 Thurst Bearing
Center Bulkhead
Bearing Caps
4 vertical bolts, 2 cross bolts

Cylinder Head Specifications
Material
356-T6 Aluminum Description
Cross flow, wedge combustion chamber.
Ports
Symmetrical, intake and exhaust Chamber Volume
67.3 cc
Head Gasket
0.052” compressed

Crankshaft Specifications
Material
Cast Nodular Iron Features
Undercut and rolled fillets.
Crank Pin Diameter
2.10” Main Bearing Diameter
2.56”

Piston Specifications
Material
Cast Aluminum Description
Strutless, flat top.
Compression Ht.
1.34” Weight
15.5 oz.

Induction System
Manifold
One-piece composite. Throttle Body
75.0 mm bore dia.

all the info you need....and LS1 is better imo

LoL, this is a funny thread to find ontop of the 5.0L tech.

Regardless, I've seen LS1s that I know are stock in the 13's. I've also seen them fall into my rearview mirror with cruddy drivers or the dread 460LE, or both.

Jekyl said:
Im sure thats the engine in my neighbors cadillac STS Man i drove that car to the store once and holy **** it had some punch.

I know,I got the same car :) .
I got a 96 STS with the 300hp motor,ran is at the track once (1/8),ran a 9.5-6 and I forget the mph.All I had was royal purple and cleaned air filter.

bluevenom867 said:
I know,I got the same car :) .
I got a 96 STS with the 300hp motor,ran is at the track once (1/8),ran a 9.5-6 and I forget the mph.All I had was royal purple and cleaned air filter.

Yeah same year as my neighbor. Pearl White i think the color is called. ALl i gotta say is that car has a great stance and look to it. If only they made it with a 5spd. I love the look of the dual exhaust on it too. Yeah I love the STS..fast with a S***load of luxury. Id love to see what a minorly modded STS would run in the 1/4 such as some weight reduction.

Jekyl said:
Yeah same year as my neighbor. Pearl White i think the color is called. ALl i gotta say is that car has a great stance and look to it. If only they made it with a 5spd. I love the look of the dual exhaust on it too. Yeah I love the STS..fast with a S***load of luxury. Id love to see what a minorly modded STS would run in the 1/4 such as some weight reduction.

:lol: Can you imagine how much weight you could take out of a caddy? :D

But then I guess that would kind of ruin the point to owning the caddy :shrug: