Lt's on gt40p's.

• Sponsors (?)

2000xp8 said:
I went and checked, and believe it or not they are listed for $109, with bolts, and gaskets!

Remember you get what you pay for. I wouldn't dream of using them.

Also keep in mind you now need a new H pipe, but if the longtubes cost that much, i figure the h pipe to be about 20 bucks.

I love long tubes but never ran them. Also, hate the H-pipe, prefer an X. Sounds better, and is supposed to produce more HP. Stay away from flowtech.

Yeah, the Flowtechs are the ones with the slip fit tubes, Summit also sells the same header under they're own name for $95. They come in the Flowtech box with the Summit p/n, and with Flowtech instructions. They are the ones I posted pics of on the first page. Flowtech also makes a matching H pipe that is $130 through Summit. The matching X is $190.

Those Accel short plugs for P heads are $12.95 a piece thorugh Summit. That's a $103 plug change!

MAC 1 5/8 automatic longtubes and gt-40p's right here. Zero clearance issues (well...plugwise). There is almost interference (like a few mm clearance) with the steering shaft and the PS tube touches body at one point lightly.

Dont waste your time with the accel plugs. I got them and made the mistake of asking for mustang 302 plugs. You dont use them. You need to ask for 95 COPPER explorer plugs (platinum is crap) cause they have a different thread than mustang plugs (thinner threaded part) and my accel shorty plugs didnt thread in. Guess what??? The 95 cent explorer autolite is the same length as the $2.50 accel "S" plug!

Then side gap them puppies and index them and you are good to go. Get like 12 plugs cause you will break at least 2 on your first time putting them in esp cylinders 4,5 and 7 . You will need a plug socket and a boxwrench on the end to get them in/out.