LTs vs. Mid-Length

01Steeda said:
I would assume ceramic coating helps alot, but to me I dont see the point.. I cant even see my LT's from under the hood.
Ceramic coating not only keeps your headers pretty, but keeps the heat inside the header to aid with scavenging and also keeps under hood temperatures down. The only “true” ceramic coating is the “Jet Hot” system. A few manufactures employ this method…and they’re usually the more expensive of the bunch, but for good reason. Some, like Mac use a cheaper method to coat their headers, which is nothing more than glorified paint coating, which usually flakes off within the first 6-months.

• Sponsors (?)

billfisher said:
nomex cloth wrapping does the same. it corrodes non stainless though.
Yeah, this is true and it is kind of the “poor mans” way of coating the header, but doing this also has a regular tendency of destroying headers as well. I don't know how many times I've heard of headers cracking over time after being wrapped. Apparently it does the job of holding the heat within the header a little too well and superheats the header itself. After a few heat cycles of this, it makes the metal brittle and prone to cracking.

I got a quote from Jet-Hot, along with a nice little video they sent me. Too bad we live in an age of DVD's. Anyway, Im going to get my Kooks Jet-Hot coated in and out. Im sure people will be like "OMFG man you're so stupid for spending that much of your money on headers!" Key word is, YOUR (MY) money. And they will be the last set of headers I ever buy, for this car anyway. ;)

Just wondering how TOUGH are putting some MAC LTS and prochamber on a 02 auto GT??? I want to do it myself due to such HIGH expenses for labor...but is it so tough that needs special tools...or can i get away with wrenches and all the basics?? I think dropping the money on parts is enough already...rather try to do it myself...:shrug:

Mid. shortie, and LT... no matter what you get, It'll take you long time to install. For the same amount of install, I would get LT tho. Plus man those mid-length are so expensive...

JTAM963 said:
I've never dropped K and def dont have anything to hoist engine...will ramps work to get under the car...i use em for oil changes?? if not guess im paying for LABOR

Dude. its really not that hard. It is time consuming, yes. But straight forword. Its just bunch of nuts and bolt. U'll need Jack, and friend, and basic handtools. Take look at this link. It tells you step by step how(and its pretty accurate. I followed it wqhen I did my LT install)

JTAM963 said:
So you didn't need to hoist engine out at all??

No. Well, U'll have to hold engine up with Jack at least(which u can use to jack up or down) while K-member is out. On my BBK LT, I had to lower engine few inches to gain access to few bolts on few top side bolts on passenger side. I don't know if thats with all LT or just with BBK.

JTAM963 said:
I don't want to take it all apart and not be able to install new stuff ya know??

Trust me. once car is apart, you'll find some skills to get stuff done in you that you didn't know you had. I know I was. Just like any other projects, i did hit few snags. But you'll find way to go around it or inprovise.
Take your time. think over few times. Don't get frustrated. You'll be fine:nice:

no special tools needed, just jackstands (not ramps, you're dropping the front end of the car), jacks (the more the merrier, but I'd say at least 2), and a set of sockets and wrenches.

like someone said, it's not hard at all its pretty straight foward.

wait, the only "special" tool I can think of is the E8 torx bit needed to remove the abs sensor.