Lumpiest cam with gt40p setup?

Bigstang1 said:
Stanglx, are you usuing these special stock replacment pistons or no? Ur setup sounds like what i want to do with the exception of the stock cam. Id like to use a b303 or a tfstage1 . Will i still maintain the 10:1 with the bcam or tfs1? How much did a shop charge u to mill the heads? I am on a super budget so if i can get away with the stock bottom end thats the way i want to go, but i am def looking for around 10:1 compression with a nice sounding cam for an all around good performing and good sounding street car. Notice i put good performing first lol I would also be interested in hearing a soundclip of stanglx's car. 10.1 with stock cam must sound interesting. Thanks and Merry Christmas

Sorry I don't have a sound clip. I wouldn't even know how to get one on here! The guy I bought my heads from only charged me $60 to mill them. I bought them bare and than had a good valve job done and put in bigger valves. I don't think you'll see 10:1 with the heads milled to 58cc's. If you are on that tight of a buget I say skip the cam and put the money into the heads. Stock cams can make plenty of power! You didn't mention what size injectors you are using. You're going to want to use 24lb injectors.

• Sponsors (?)

So what most of you guys are saying is that there is no way of getting 10:1 with stock bottom end and gt40p's? I simply cant afford pistons right now but like i said i will be doing rings and bearings when i do the heads and cam. I just want to know if there is any way possible to get 10:1 with gt40p's and stock bottom end. thanks for all the help i apreciate it.

mustangdaren said:
It's a vortech sc-trim. The car has more of a lope when it is idling lower. That was a 1100 rpm idle. I got to install an IAC adjustment plate and tweek the TPS to get it to idle lower. Since I installed the blower the idle went all to crap.

Nice sound. Mines lopes a little harder. Maybe the 1.7's I have. Where does your car idle at when you drive it daily? I have to have mine at 1000 rpm or it would try to die out everytime I stop. Check the sig.

It idled a perfect 750-800 before the supercharger and sounded a lot more lopey. Now with the blower it wants to stay around 1100. I will play with it some next week and try to get it to idle better. I got a idle adjustment plate around here somewhere that I need to dig up. I also will be putting some MAC pro dumps on it. Hopefully that will quieten it down some. I just got in from driving it and have a headache from the noise. I love the sound of the dynomax but it will kill you if you have to ride in it more than 30 minutes at a time.