LX Repair Log - Lots of pics DUW

• Sponsors (?)

Car looks good. I just smacked up my front end this past weekend. How much did you pay for your repairs? Also, did you do the teardown yourself of have someone do it for you? I'm on the fence right now about what to do with mine in terms of repair.

Hahaha you guys are funny.

Black Sun 5.0 said:
Car looks good. I just smacked up my front end this past weekend. How much did you pay for your repairs? Also, did you do the teardown yourself of have someone do it for you? I'm on the fence right now about what to do with mine in terms of repair.

Basically I did everything I could. I tore it down completely, had it straightened, I put it all back together, then had it painted. As far as I can remember, the frame work cost 800 and the paint work cost 800, so I probably spent around 2000 total. I bought all replacement panels locally and headlights off 50resto.com.

So I assume you have experience with this stuff. Not bad. I'm now tinkering with the idea of doing something similar with my car. Damage isn't too bad, but it needs work. I'm waiting to hear from a guy I know who works on Stangs to see if he'd be interested in assisting me with a teardown. How bad was the damage on your car? I haven't seen those pics.

You aren't going to need much prior experience; the teardown is fairly straightforward. As you can see from the pictures, the damage was unidirectional - just a couple inches to the right.

Here, more pics. I stole mob's border idea.

93LX.jpg

side_line.jpg

side_window.jpg

Attachments

• 93LX.jpg
    93LX.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 32
  • side_line.jpg
    side_line.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 37
  • side_window.jpg
    side_window.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 47
jpctln said:
Here, more pics. I stole mob's border idea.

93LX.jpg

side_line.jpg

side_window.jpg

whoring up your own thread you whored to begin with 5 months prior thats been brought back from the dead..... nice...

free bump

Attachments

• 93LX.jpg
    93LX.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 33
  • side_line.jpg
    side_line.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 40
  • side_window.jpg
    side_window.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 48
Daggar said:
What he meant to say was.... Great job! Bringing an old thread back to life vs. starting a new thread about same things over and over is exactly the kind of thing we WANT to happen. :)

Yeah! That's what I meant! And don't you forget it! :uzi:

:shrug:

That car looks B E A UTIFUL :nice: