Lx VS GT

Wow deffinitely didn't think I would have this many responses lol but it's much appreciated. So everything I hear sounds great the only reason I was asking is I have found the it is more common to find automatics for the 93 lx's and the 93 gt's I've found are mostly manuals. I planed on changing the body kit anyway I think the gt's just look plain mean! I love the 5.0 engine so that would stay and to answer one of your questions the overall plan is to in the end is to build one nasty street/strip hot rod. The insight definitely helped though thanks again.

• Sponsors (?)

You want to get the rare limited edition gt-r model only autozone carried it. It comes with a 4 banger and hawt fire naws kit. But in all seriousness get which one you prefer and if its that hard to pick get the one in the best condition it sounds like you dont really dislike either or so get the best quality one and have fun with it.

The lower weight of the LX does nothing for it because everyone knows that body kits make your car go faster. If you have a clean LX coupe, and you want to race a GT with a extended aftermarket Saleen wing and a 5" cowl hood, you better have a stroked out turbo and hope the GT has a stock engine or you don't stand a chance. :D

No really, my GT is almost a LX now, just the GT nose remains. I always wanted an LX, but both times when buying a Fox, there was no good LX's around. I have all the LX trim stuff. Well, the guy before me put tail pipes on the GT, so they melted part of the back bumper and when he went up his steep driveway it banged up the GT bumper, so I put the LX bumper on. Now the side skirts went, which will require body work and has been quite a chore. Next is the nose. One of the first things I did to my car was take the fog lights off due to the fact I know how much they weigh and the fact that you can't even tell when they are on from the inside anyways. That bracket is heavy, and is located in the absolute worse place it could be on the car besides the wheels.

About the weight differences. I am sure if you had a fully loaded GT, and took a very base model LX, there would be close to a 200lbs difference. Power windows, locks, prem. stereo, ect. Now a convertable GT, now thats where there is some weight!