M-2300-K kit Question?

hemi_fan

Apr 8, 2004
Ontario, Canada
I'm probably going to be doing Cobra brakes on the car in the offseason and have been looking at the M-2300-K kit from FRPP.

On the website it does not specify what year spindles come in the kit, and if the axles are fox-length, 94-98, etc. Does anyone know?

I already have 94/95 spindles and stock-length axles so I'm trying to figure out if I want to get the kit or piece it together myself.

Lastly, do the rear axles need to be removed to fit the caliper mounting brackets on the axle housing?

• Sponsors (?)

The axles are 94-98... Adding 0.75" to each side.

Spindles...I don't know. I have an old parts list showing them as 94-95, but who knows if that has changes due to discontinuing them.

Yes you need to pull the rear axles out to install the brakes,..and you need to swap axles anyway. Very easy to do.

Piece it together.
You get to do the better wheel fitting fox axles.
And you'll probably save a grand (not sure what the brake kit sells for these days).

Now if I piece it together I'm considering using the 00 Cobra R Brembos lol... or do I put the Cobras on and wait a couple years to get Brembos off a wrecked 2011 GT???

When I switch the rear from drums to discs (using the same axles) I remember reading that the wheels will be pushed out slightly due to the rotor thickness, is this true? It would actually help me as I am getting slight rubbing on the inner fender with my current set-up.

Now if I piece it together I'm considering using the 00 Cobra R Brembos lol... or do I put the Cobras on and wait a couple years to get Brembos off a wrecked 2011 GT???

When I switch the rear from drums to discs (using the same axles) I remember reading that the wheels will be pushed out slightly due to the rotor thickness, is this true? It would actually help me as I am getting slight rubbing on the inner fender with my current set-up.

The brembo's are over kill, besides they pretty much quadruple the price by the time you buy the kit to convert 94 spindles to use them from MM.

I'd say that the disc thickness compared to the drum is so minimal that i wouldn't really even take it into account.
If your wheels rub on the inside after they are done, get some spacers.

I have a complete rear brake setup. Cobra brakes, axles, lines parking brake cables everything you will need for the rear. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I purchased the m-2300-k kit a few years back and have since swapped in a 03 cobra IRS.

Thanks for the tips guys. You're probably right about the Brembos, maybe I'll just go with the Cobras and see how they work on-track.

8urZ06, thanks for the offer but I probably won't be buying anything for at least a couple months, and I prefer to buy things locally so I don't have to deal with shipping headaches (especially cross-border shipping).