• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Im don't know

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

For the street or track? I would NOT run slicks on the street. I don't like running them at the track either. At the end of the 1/4 it feels like your tires are made of jelly. Also the suspension itself has a lot to do with it. I believe Rick runs drag radials and is somewhere in the 8s with 1.3 60s.

JMO

My 275/50/15 cut me a 1.78 60' for my 12.3 pass. I thought that was pretty good for my first time at the track. They hook very good. I wouldnt run slicks on the street bc they pick up all the dirt and crap so no matter what you have to heat them up really good before a race or you will spin bc they pick up all the dirt and crap on the road. The DR just take a quick cleaning and you are good to go. Just my o2

giddyup306 said:
For the street or track? I would NOT run slicks on the street. I don't like running them at the track either. At the end of the 1/4 it feels like your tires are made of jelly. Also the suspension itself has a lot to do with it. I believe Rick runs drag radials and is somewhere in the 8s with 1.3 60s.

JMO
I could be wrong but I think Rick runs BFG DR's. But I hear Mickeys are just as good if not better.

yeah i know they arent quite the same...slicks vs drag radials, but take a look at ET streets... all they are is just a slick with 3 grooves down the middle for DOT approval. and those things hook as good as slicks so if a drag radial can match and best them, then that has to be a good drag radial

My friend lent me his 26x8.5-15 M/T ET drags and my car with a stock suspension would hook like crazy no wheel spin at all and if I launched at anything under 3500rpm my car would bog. I just bought my M/T 275/50/16 ET street radials and they hook awesome, but nowhere near as sticky as the ET drags. I can launch at 3000rpm and very light wheel spin, more like a chirp.
So in my experience no I don't think the ET radials are as good as the ET drags.

Yea guys,Im asking about the M/T Radials vs. ET Drag.I have already had a pair of 10.5X26 ET Drags and 10.5X26 ET Street with the old combo,and the ET Streets dont hook as good as the ET Drags.

My combo is roughly around 500-550 rwhp (no shot-extra 450hp kick is possable once the forgger is on :D ),and can launch as high as 5600rpms.It has a Wolfe Racecraft suspension in the rear with adjustable shocks/sturts (front and rear) and a tubular set up in front.Right now,the car has 275/60/15 M/T Drag Radials,but have not been to the track yet.

Oh,the car has a C4 and 3.73 rear gears.

well with that power its gonna spin alot of things on the street since the tires wont be nearly as warm and the surface not as sticky

i would try and run the biggest, widest ET street or radial you can and keep the psi down abit to keep it hooking up

sometimes you gotta sacrifice one thing to have another