MA Vanity Plates

ImportEater98

Mar 17, 2003
Worcester, MA
Just a question for all that have MA vanity plates. I ordered mine on 3/15 when i registered the new notch. I asked the pleasent, helpfull (can you smell my scarcism?) registry lady how long it would take and she said maybe a month, maybe a year. Nice answer. Anyhow, how long did it take for yours to come in?

• Sponsors (?)

8-12 week is the average. They will send you a letter notifiying you that the plates have arrived at the registry location you chose. I have been to the registry twice in the last two weeks and the lines are awful. Good old Gov Romney got rid of the Saturday hours and closed a few locations, so it makes the other locations and operating hours overload. If you can, go early, like as in wait on the doorstep for them to open. Both times I went, I sat in line for over 2 hours because I had to go in the afternoon after lunch.

Took 6 months for mine last year. Ordered them in Jan, got them in July. And the best part, they didn't even send me a letter saying they were in. I went to the registry in July asking WTF where were my plates, and the lady said they had been there for over a month, and if I hadn't picked them up soon, they would have sent them back and cancelled them :mad: :bang:

Typical Mass RMV bull**** ......

DaveSVT2000 said:
Took 6 months for mine last year. Ordered them in Jan, got them in July. And the best part, they didn't even send me a letter saying they were in. I went to the registry in July asking WTF where were my plates, and the lady said they had been there for over a month, and if I hadn't picked them up soon, they would have sent them back and cancelled them :mad: :bang:

Typical Mass RMV bull**** ......

Wow, the registry gods heard my beckoning call! 2 hours after i started this thread, the letter that my plates are in came in the mail. I must say that 6 weeks is a fast turnaround for sure. This is the only time i can say i give the registry credit lol.

ImportEater98 said:
Wow, the registry gods heard my beckoning call! 2 hours after i started this thread, the letter that my plates are in came in the mail. I must say that 6 weeks is a fast turnaround for sure. This is the only time i can say i give the registry credit lol.

Lucky bastard !!! LOL

So what'd ya get for a plate? I've got OOR for my 2000 R .....