Mac CAI Question?

I got a Mac CAI system a couple of months ago on line. I just got into my car the other day and the engine lite was on. Got the codes read and it looks like my car is running lean. My question. . . is there a recharge kit for the Mac air filter? If not what is the best filter to replace the one that came with the system?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

K&N... but iam not sure you can clean and or recharge the Mac filter.. Someone please correct me..

As for your codes.. do you have a handheld tunner? If so then you know you have the option of changing the Air/fuel... otherwise disconnect the batter for 5 minutes.. see if it comes back..
:shrug:

Josh02GTvert:

Oil from the filter has contaminated the MAF. You can buy a can of MAF cleaner or you can clean it with electronic component cleaner. If you haven't done this before, you have to be very careful that you don't break the tiny and brittle wires or you'll have to buy another MAF. Run a search and you'll find tons of posts on cleaning procedures.

You can use K&N's cleaning kit. Keep the cleaning solution away from your paint and off your hands. Don't use a brush on the element surface. Never, ever use heat to dry the air cleaner. Clean it at night, rinse it thoroughly and let it dry overnight (away from a heat source). LIGHTLY re-oil the element. I follow the creases and hold the oil spray can about 9" away from the surface. The oil will look spotty but it will "wick" into the fiber over time and work it's magic, keeping dirt out of the intake air.

Take your time and do it right.

HTH,

Chris