1. Donald Stephens

Donald Stephens Member

Hello all,
    I am looking for a sound clip or a video of a stocish 5.0 and stock hpipe with the mac produmps.
    I need new mufflers, looking at giving the dumps a try, but i cant get rid of the cats due to smog.

My mods include gt40 heads, bbk shorty headers, elderbrock intake, bbk 70mm tb with bbk cai and pro-m maf and a mild cam(i think e303).

Also i have a rattle (metal on metal) comming from the firewall/ tranny tunnel area, is there a heat sheild or something around there that would cause it?
  2. betke76

betke76 Member

check youtube for the soundclip should be there, as far as the rattling noise i would check the heat shields on the converters, often the factory spot welds break causing the shields to rattle
  3. 2000xp8

2000xp8 Mustang Master

Dumps in general are a terrible idea. Border line horrific on an lx (from a visual standpoint).
    Now couple that with loud mac mufflers and it's a recipe for a car that is almost unbearable on the street.
    clement and f8tlfiveo like this.
  4. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

You're not going to like dumps after you realize how loud it is inside the car. You basically bounce the sound off the pavement and right back up into the car.

I ran dumps for a week...never again
  5. krazedstang

krazedstang Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Personally I love the dumps when my car was running, but if you are looking for a X-pipe with high flow cats I MIGHT have Bassani X-pipe for sale
  6. clement

clement Founding Member

I don't like how they stink up the inside of the car at a standstill either.
    Gearbanger 101 likes this.
  7. Gearbanger 101

Gearbanger 101 Straight Outta Locash Super Mod

Yeah, not a fan of them either. Try driving around with just your H-Pipe for a couple of days and see if you can stand the smell and the drone. I'm betting you'll change your mind.