Mac Exhaust Shorty Headers For 2011-13 3.7 V6 In Progress

Sonicaceman

Sep 28, 2004
i'm sure this will interest a few people out there on this forum. i've been searching and looking for new headers coming out for our 3.7 v6 mustang and i discovered Mac is working on a set, their website has a spot that says parts coming soon and shorty headers is one of them, included in this is a prochamber, on road and off road, dress up items long tube headers and shorty headers. here is the reply i got when i asked about the shorty headers.

We do not have a date on the release of the Short Tube Headers for the V6. Due to the fact that we need to get the vehicle back into the shop to finish up things. We do not own the vehcile, we are using a customers V6 and have to work on the Mustang as he has time to lend it to us. If you have any other questions feel free to let me know.

the good news is a company and a reputable one is actually working on a set of shorty headers for the new v6, something a lot of people have wanted. who knows how much if any gains will be had with these headers but for people who want to keep it legal and add some sound and some hp or torque im sure quite a few people will be excited about these being released. i keep checking the site and hoping by next year these are out. anyone feel free to put their 2 sense in.

• Sponsors (?)

for anyone interested i got another e-mail back here it is

Short Tube Headers will always bolt up to the factory Mid-Pipe(H, X or Y-Pipe). You will be aboe to keep your stock cats on the Mustang and everything will bolt right up. As for your question, Long Tubes vs. Short Tubes, you are asking the question that all gear heads would state there option on what they like. But the difference is as followed. Short Tube Headers will give you Bottom End Horsepower and Torque and a little Mid-Range power but no Top End performance. With a Long Tube Header you get Mid-Range and Top End Horsepower. You will loose bottom end Torque but that is why you will regear to make up for it. But in the end it is all about what you are going to be using the vehicle for. If you are going to make a 1/4mile car then you would want Long Tubes and regear. If it is going to be a everyday driver and you just want to have more fun with it then you will go with the Short Tubes.