Mac H = Lose Torque?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTOReturns said:
You base your knowledge on a flow bench, I base mine on personal experience. New cars since the 90's run better with cats on. Ive been driving since1982 when you were playing with your GI Joe's. There not just for the air anmore,like they used to be in the 70's. Its all factored into your cars performance. And save the name calling for when your in school.
oh boy, here we go again :doh:

• Sponsors (?)

GTOReturns said:
You base your knowledge on a flow bench, I base mine on personal experience. New cars since the 90's run better with cats on. Ive been driving since1982 when you were playing with your GI Joe's. There not just for the air anmore,like they used to be in the 70's. Its all factored into your cars performance. And save the name calling for when your in school.

I never liked gi joe's who cares how long youve been driving. You obviously dont know what your talking about, you say 4 stock cats will flow better then a free flowing pipe because it has more backpressure? What is backpressure? How does it work? You say an o/r hpipe helps up top, why? how do you figure? Why would cats restrict the car up top but not downlow, why would an o/r pi pe not be able to flow downlow but pick up at higher speeds? Do you blame it all on backpressure? Again what is backpressure? The term you should beusing is VELOCITY and cats does NOT give you more velocity. And I would not believe anything you are saying because like said before, its a mid pipe, stock, o/r or high flow cats you will FEEL NOTHING when your driving, and you have no numbers to prove your theory, so there are you. Your 20 or so years of driving has gotten you know where.

DMAN302 said:
Stock 5.0 will move the rollers to the tune of 190's in pure stock 5spd form. Usually upgrading the exhaust on these cars will net you 210-220 with a good tune, bumped timing and a upgraded air filter.
agree'd. But how much torque is lost when people change the stock headers and h pipe on a stock motor? I wish T-Moss were here, or Michael Yount

mob said:
I never liked gi joe's who cares how long youve been driving. You obviously dont know what your talking about, you say 4 stock cats will flow better then a free flowing pipe because it has more backpressure? What is backpressure? How does it work? You say an o/r hpipe helps up top, why? how do you figure? Why would cats restrict the car up top but not downlow, why would an o/r pi pe not be able to flow downlow but pick up at higher speeds? Do you blame it all on backpressure? Again what is backpressure? The term you should beusing is VELOCITY and cats does NOT give you more velocity. And I would not believe anything you are saying because like said before, its a mid pipe, stock, o/r or high flow cats you will FEEL NOTHING when your driving, and you have no numbers to prove your theory, so there are you. Your 20 or so years of driving has gotten you know where.
Show me where I said this one thing and I will proceed to tell you about the other BS you pointed out!! And dont come back and say,oh,sorry dude I misread it!! Your up hot shot!:D

GTOReturns said:
agree'd. But how much torque is lost when people change the stock headers and h pipe on a stock motor? I wish T-Moss were here, or Michael Yount

Isnt the stock mid pipe a 2.25"? Aftermarket pipes are 2.5" This could be where the "backpressure" is going.

GTOReturns said:
Pfff yeah ok. And what exactly do you have done to your heads? Thats why you can use an off rd pipe. It happened to me, Im not just picking this out of the air. OK, maybe it will start to pull harder at 120mph. But from 0-100 a stock motor runs better with the stock H.

So let me get this straight... A stock motored car with all the bolt ons will run faster and make more torque with a stock 4 cat, non mandrel bent 2 1/4" Mid pipe, than it would with a 2 1/2" mandrel bent off road midpipe...

You might be the dumbest guy on here this week.

And in 1982, I was not born yet, but the funny thing is, you apparently havent learned much in that time before I was born!

I love how flow tests mean nothing, but your SOTP meter is what counts, DUMBA$$!

mob said:
Isnt the stock mid pipe a 2.25"? Aftermarket pipes are 2.5" This could be where the "backpressure" is going.
Show me where I said this one thing and I will proceed to tell you about the other BS you pointed out!! And dont come back and say,oh,sorry dude I misread it!! Your up hot shot!
Edit/Delete Message

you started, you say things that I dont,could you please find this so people will know you dont make up your own stuff as your going along?

25thmustang said:
So let me get this straight... A stock motored car with all the bolt ons will run faster and make more torque with a stock 4 cat, non mandrel bent 2 1/4" Mid pipe, than it would with a 2 1/2" mandrel bent off road midpipe...

And in 1982, I was not born yet, but the funny thing is, you apparently havent learned much in that time before I was born!

I love how flow tests mean nothing, but your SOTP meter is what counts, DUMBA$$!

NO NO NO NO!!! ITLL HAVE MORE TORQUE!

I agree with everything said here.

25thmustang said:

Another guy who makes up his own novels. Yeah, I know how fast your running in the 1/4 and how stock your motor is!:rolleyes: All I said is I bought an off rd h pipe had it put on and noticed a loss in low end torque. Enough of a loss to make me put my stock H back on. Say what you will, but you have to be the biggest liar on here. Your motor isnt even CLOSE to stock!!

GTOReturns said:
Show me where I said this one thing and I will proceed to tell you about the other BS you pointed out!! And dont come back and say,oh,sorry dude I misread it!! Your up hot shot!
Edit/Delete Message

you started, you say things that I dont,could you please find this so people will know you dont make up your own stuff as your going along?

All Im saying is that YES you can go TOO big, putting a 3" exhaust on my car will make me lose torque, but because the exhaust will have little velocity, NOT have no "backpressure"

So what im suggesting is on a stock motored stock headed car, a 2.5" mid p ipe MAY be TOO big. But in no way is the cats helping it gain more velocity, its the smaller piping of the stock mid pipe. The thing that your wrong about is that your suggesting a mid pipe with high flow cats will be better because he will have more bacpressure! High flow cats are not made for performance or torque on stock engines. They are made to pass emissions and still flow good. Now the size of the piping will determine how much torque you lose, but restricting the exhaust with cats WILL NOT give you torque, its that simple.

GTOReturns said:
Edit/Delete Message

Im waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.