MAC H-pipes...

getinaGTsoon

Founding Member
Sep 8, 2002
Arkansas
I ordered a MAC H-pipe about a week ago and still no show, but anyway. How do they sound in comparison to other H-pipes.. or are there no real distinctive qualities. I've got BBK headers and Flowmaster exhaust. I know it'll be a real eye opener compared to catalytic converters.

• Sponsors (?)

My friend has a 95 gt with mac L/T headers with mac O/R h pipe and flows definatly woke it up a bit and sounds MEAN! ull def like it over stock the only thing i would say to do is try a different catback there are way better ones out there in quality and sound but if u like the sound of flows then no worries. Also i have a 96 with stock headers with O/R mac h pipe and the mac catback with 3.5 tips and def sounds bada$$ but im 4.6 but everyone thinks it sounds like a 5.0 hehe

getinaGTsoon said:
I ordered a MAC H-pipe about a week ago and still no show, but anyway. How do they sound in comparison to other H-pipes.. or are there no real distinctive qualities. I've got BBK headers and Flowmaster exhaust. I know it'll be a real eye opener compared to catalytic converters.

Unfortunately I can't comment on other brands of o/r h-pipes (never heard em), but I can tell you the sound between cats and no cats is night and day. I have 2 chamber flows and a mac o/r h-pipe, and it is much louder now. I loved the sound!!

I noticed that my Cobra has a deeper sound than my friend's GT, but with your headers, i think you're in for a pleasant surprise. You'll feel more power, and hell, a few more mpg's will be thrown in there..I love it!!

Yup i remember when i first got my MAC catback and i thought it was gonna shake the ground. I was so dissapointed. Then i put on my headers and Xpipe and it sounds just like i always wanted to, so freakin mean, and it just snarles with the X.