MAC STRAGHT SHOT? 25RWHP?

Guys let me tell you from being an authorized MAC retailer for over 3 years now that this new Straight Shot system is head and shoulders above their old cold air kits. Everything now is polished stainless steel, and you can purchase them with the 85mm MAF (which only fit the 2002-2004 GTs) or without it, and reuse your OEM Mustang MAF sensor! The new system features a huge conical air filter, velocity stack , silcone sleeves and tubes, polished tubing, and a massive heat shield that almost totally encompasses the filter from underhood temperatures (the best heat shield I have seen).

According to MAC, independent testing of the standard Straight Shots made up to 17 rwhp and 25 rwhp w/ the Straight Shot w/85mm MAF system. Their 95mm Cobra systems obliterated the K&N by making 44 rwhp more than stock on an '04 Cobra! I inquired about the testing and Westech in California did the dyno runs.

I have installed this product myself and found it to be an extremely nice system, but bear in mind it is a tight fit, but be patient it'll fit. :D

We will have an install article on Stangnet here shortly as well as MAC's new Catback systems that feature new high temp coating and stainless steel, adjustable tips!

www.partshopper.com/fordmustang/itemdesc.asp?ic=mac-3446

• Sponsors (?)

im not callin BS just yet but i too am very skeptical. i woudlnt call myself in expert by anymeans but there are how many differnt types of CAI out there? none of them have come close to make 25 rhwp on a stock or even a semi modified GT. but if the dynos are there i think id purchase it.

Two question, will it work with say a procharger P1sc,and should I get that MAF if I am planning on running a S/C later on....maybe I will just take the MAF off when I put on the S/C so I can have the power now LOL.I have been looking at that system for a while, but I just havnt purchased it yet.

lol, a 17rwhp CAI....BU**SH**!

the cai isnt a restriction, the most that can be gained from it is 5 rwhp and that is because it will run more lean because of a massive filter.

hp is not that easy. sorry.

This does sound like a sales pitch. That thing looks like another air superheater "cai". I agree, I would like to see some dyno graphs as well as touch one after the car has been running for 30 minutes before I buy this pitch.

sacstoy02gt said:
I've got the CAI(not the mass air) on my '02 GT.
Definite SOTP improvement! :nice:
PITA to install; but I think this CAI is worth it. I was skeptical when I bought it, but not anymore
I really gotta get my car on a dyno to see what it's doing....

Here's some pics of the installed product:

album_pic.php

album_pic.php
whats that brown looking **** on ur heat plate?