MAC STRAGHT SHOT? 25RWHP?

• Sponsors (?)

Mac Intake

sacstoy02gt said:
I've got the CAI(not the mass air) on my '02 GT.
Definite SOTP improvement! :nice:
PITA to install; but I think this CAI is worth it. I was skeptical when I bought it, but not anymore
I really gotta get my car on a dyno to see what it's doing....

Here's some pics of the installed product:

album_pic.php

album_pic.php

Yes, its a PITA to install. I still can't get the heat shield to sit in there correctly. I see the top of yours sits against the car flush whereas mine doesn't. It would have been nice if Mac supplied both a bigger boot from throttle body to intake tube (for bigger throttle bodies) and that star bit for removing the old MA sensor like the C&L kit comes with.

With all the mods I have I noticed the car pulling a bit before 4k and up but its kinda soggy below that. Hoping to put it on a dyno soon to see if I gained or simply moved the power elsewhere.

It does look good under the hood :shrug:

JeepXJ said:
Yes, its a PITA to install. I still can't get the heat shield to sit in there correctly. I see the top of yours sits against the car flush whereas mine doesn't. It would have been nice if Mac supplied both a bigger boot from throttle body to intake tube (for bigger throttle bodies) and that star bit for removing the old MA sensor like the C&L kit comes with.

With all the mods I have I noticed the car pulling a bit before 4k and up but its kinda soggy below that. Hoping to put it on a dyno soon to see if I gained or simply moved the power elsewhere.

It does look good under the hood :shrug:

Mine came with the star bit for the maf....even though I got the CAI, not the maf kit. But I didn't get the bolts for bolting the maf to the flange they include.
Didn't get any instructions either.

hp numbers

dudeman47 said:
I'm gonna call bs on the 17 hp gain. I can agree with about 10ish, but not the 15+

Who can say either way without dyno before and after. I didn't do a before so I'm just curious what I make now.

Chances are, like most people, its crank power. Not to the wheels.

i just don't see what makes this so different from other cai systems. besides that its a cai and a mass air maf. of course it will make more power its 2 mods instead of one.

people that i see that have maf usually take them off if they dont have a tune anyway.

also the volant intake has a more closed off heat sheild then this one, and i doubt that it makes that much power.

this should be compaired to others of the same type, like wms volocity system because of the upgraded maf.

with out the maf, it said to make 17 hp on stock gt, HOW, what is different from other inkake systems???????????????????