Mach 1 Mach 1 Axle Specs different than '99+ GT?

Angus

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
PA
There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding what parts are the same between the '03/'04 Mach 1 & the '99+ GT 8.8 set-up.

So far, I've heard/read:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The GT axles are exactly the same as the Mach 1 axles.

The GT axles are NOT the same as the Mach 1 axles.
(Different length - 30 5/8" for the GT vs 30 11/16" for the Mach 1)

The axles are the same, but the ABS sensor rings & spacers are different.

The axles are the same length, but the mounting flange for ABS sensor rings & spacers is a different diameter.

The GT axles fit fine, but you need to use washers to shim-out the disc brake mounting flange so the larger brakes don't rub.

The Moser/Superior/Strange axles won't break at stock/near stock power levels, but they can bend, causing noises/interference.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frankly, all the conflicting information is VERY confusing to say the least.

As I don't have the luxury of having a pair of stock Mach 1 axle (or GT axles for comparison) in front of me for measurement purposes, do any Mach 1 or GT owners have their stock axles out & handy?

Getting EXACT measurements of both a Mach 1 & GT 28-spline axle (and maybe even some aftermarket parts as well!),
should help us wade through all the "maybes" & "I think they're the same" comments/opinions.

I would like to clear this up once & for all, and doing so could only help the Mach 1 folks who decide to upgrade their axles in the future.

Thanks in advance for those that provide verifiable measurements and/or dimensions!

• Sponsors (?)