Mach 1 mach 1 for dd?

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by z28forlife, Oct 29, 2011.

1. z28forlife

z28forlife New Member

Hi everyone, I'm looking at an 01 gt with a full swap Mach 1 motor and interior swap. All it needs to make it really look like a true mach1 is a few body parts. Anyway, the motor has 107k on it and looks to be in real good shape. Is a mach1 a good DD? I need something dependable that's not gonna have alot of down time. I don't mind the occasional oil change and brake job/tune up type stuff but do these motors require alot more attention than normal 2v gt's? I have a 2000 540i v8 right now and this thing is a maintenance hog, every 60-70k miles requires basically all new gaskets on everything and a whole new cooling system. Parts are expensive and labor is ridiculous. The only reason I got the damn thing was my wife talked me into it. :notnice: That'll never happen again. :nono: Thanks.
  2. Twystyd

Twystyd New Member

I drive a 03 Mach 1 as my DD and don't have any engine problems what so ever. My only problem is the T3650 is a P.O.S. My 2nd gear is shot so I have to horseshoe it. As far as a DD though, its great. Makes great power and gets decent gas mileage. If you do the normal maintenance on it then you should be fine. Good luck on your decision.