(mach 1) Inexpensive Parts To Keep Engine In Good Shape, And When To Flush Fluids?

codank

Aug 8, 2016
I'm looking to buy a new car and while I was looking at 05-09 GTs I found out about the Mach 1s. I found one in a 100 mile radius, 115k miles $8k price tag (new car price range $8-11k) which I couldn't imagine a deal any better except maybe if the miles weren't as high. The only thing is there is no picture of it on the Internet, so I'm definitely going to have to go see it before I actually consider it over the next gen GT but if it's in good shape, mostly stock then I'm probably buying. After I buy it I'm changing out all the fluids with Royal Purple (coolant/transmission/motor oil), replacing the spark plugs, replacing the radiator hoses, replacing the fuel filter, replacing the battery and maybe the alternator, and running a fuel system and induction cleaner through it. What I need to know is before I change out the fluids, how do I know if I need to take the car to get something like the coolant actually FLUSHED, rather than just draining it at home and putting the new new in? And also, any other inexpensive replacements like the spark plugs, hoses and battery that you know of that'll keep the engine running as good as possible? 115k miles and things gotta last a while longer, gonna nurture it like a baby if I get it

• Sponsors (?)

The Mach 1 has the 4v engines. It's a good motor. $8000 isn't a bad price but you may be able to talk them down a little. Look at the paint and interior for wear. Be sure to ask if it has been in an accident.

Reactions: 1 user
The Mach 1 has the 4v engines. It's a good motor. $8000 isn't a bad price but you may be able to talk them down a little. Look at the paint and interior for wear. Be sure to ask if it has been in an accident.
It has no picture but it has carfax lmao, idk... But yeah worst thing on the carfax is it hit an animal in 2012, minor damage to the left said of the bumper. Clean title. They just updated the listing though, still no picture, and the engine is listed as 2v SOHC. I emailed them earlier this morning asking whether the listing was inaccurate or if it had an engine swap...

A Mach at a dealer for that price and no pics. I'd be very skeptical. Machs still pull over 10k pretty easy if clean. Those miles are not what I'd call High. 8 at a dealer is cheap. If it's clean and checks out go for it. Check for vin tags all over. Paint tape lines. Etc. look under for rust all the normal stuff.

Hopefully it's a genuine Mach 1 and the listing about the 2V SOHC is just a lazy mistake. Btw, IMO, a Mach 1 is a much better car than any 05-09, certainly faster and certainly better looking. You should just call them, if they clear everything up, go have a look, if they seem full of :poo:, move on.

It has mach 1 interior. Gauges look right. It says 5 spd but it's an auto. O haven't seen too many of those. Lots of work went in to the body kit. Front mesh looks jacked. Saleen rear spoiler. The VIN is a P42 so if that is true it is a legit mach 1. Pretty cheap for a dealership though. Salvage title due to the accident maybe?