Mach 1 longtubes

04fullitgt

I shower with poo
Nov 13, 2006
Crest Hill, Illinois
I tried searching for an answer but couldnt find what I was looking for, I have an 03 mach with a 5spd. I was looking into possibly buying some longtubes but I was unsure on which ones to get. I was looking at the BBK's but i heard that they have some fitment issues. I know that the SLP's fit good but they are way out of my price range. Is there any headers out there that fit good and wont cost me an arm and a leg to get? Would I get close to the same power increase with some midlengths? thanks again:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

My car: 96 Cobra, BBK L/T's. They fit great, sound great, and have good quality ceramic coating. DO NOT BUY MAC due to too much scavaging, pulling valve seals out, and they will only last about a year, before they rot out.

so the BBKs do fit then :nice:

what about flowtech? I cant find a price on them so I dont know if they are exemp or not:shrug: anybody use them?
also, I plan on installing so H&R SS springs in the future. Am i gonna run into any bottoming out problems with the BBK's or anything for that matter?

Yes, the BBK's fit great. I have stock springs and struts and I run 275-40's all the way around. I have tons of room to lower if need be.

As mentioned....make sure you have zero problems with your trans. I had a clutch installed at the same time they did the L/T's to save on labor. I highly recommend doing so.

The exhaust ports on the 03-04 heads are different then earlier years. The only headers that match the ports I know of are Kooks and SLP. BBK and Mac use the old port shape. They will bolt on, but they restrict the port. If you are unsure just goto the parts store or ford dealer and look at exhaust manifold gaskets for a 99 cobra and a 2003 cobra.

flowtechs are cheap and affordable.. you can talk all the bad you want about them but when it comes down to it, if its all you can afford, its all you can afford. I like mine though, sounds good, and the difference in my car in particular was huge compared to some other mustangs i've put them on. I picked up about 2 tenths off of them.. and i couple probably push it harder. But buy what you can afford.. theres no point to shiny headers that you cant see on a modular anyway

for a 4v i would go with the mac. i see that i was stated before they had problems with them pulling out the valve seats that was a few years ago they have since fixed that. there are so many cobra guys running the macs now go on svtperformance.com and do some searches on them. since mac has updated them there have been alot of happy customers they also got rid of that crappy coating that use to flake off they since fixed that too. lethalperfromance.com sell the headers with vrs x pipe for pretty cheep

My buddy had the Macs on his 03 Mach & he loved them. There quality has gotten alot better in the past few years.....the quality, ground clearance, fitment, & power gains were excellent....His car put down 325rwhp with only LT's, off road x, catback, intake spacer, JLT, & an sct tune...Im actually gonna pick up the Macs from him pretty soon, so im hoping to push the same kinda power.....