Mach 1 Questions

bentley429isBAC

10 Year Member
Jul 23, 2009
CT
Recently I test drove a auto 03 mach 1. Car is not going to be for me. Anyways, car is in decent shape just needs to be cleaned up and needs a buffing bad. The car is lowered, real low but the stance is great. So on the test drive it rode like :poo:. I mean comparible to straight axle f350s make your teeth rattle out. Steered good, went straight, braked good etc. So after the test drive i climbed under the car, it apears the shocks and struts are stock. Now i have never had anything to do with lowered cars so my question is chances are they are just junk and bottoming out explaining the :poo:ty ride correct? Only other thing is the trannys seems slightly slow going into reverse, its a 4r70w tranny. Shifts good otherwise, sound typical? Any other suggestions of things to look for would be great.

• Sponsors (?)

should be tokico shocks on it stock... other then that i wouldnt buy it with a 4r70W in it. ive had bad luck with them in the past. the new 6 speed auto is the only stock auto id get in a mustang

Trans has a shift kit also, not sure how much that helps out a 4r70w never had anything to do with them. Shifts firm besides reverse seeming a little slow. Not really worried about it going out just as long as its not the near future, if it lasted a year thats cool. Its for my gf, Id just be really dissapointed if she got it then while driving home a week later it quit on her.

If its lowered, and it looks like stock springs, then they probably just cut them, which explains the crappy ride. Nothing that can't be fixed with a new set of springs.

Joe

I have my '03 Mach lowered with Steeda Sport Springs. It is a bouncy ride on these absolutely pathetic pot hole roads here in Hawaii, but it corners great! How many miles on it and how much are they asking for it?

Chris