mach 1 vs 00 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
JonJon said:
AC doesn't turn off at WOT.
I've tested this in 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear.
Curious, how did you test this? I can't think of one instance where a manufacturer doesn't have some sort of A/C cutout at WOT.

-- The evaporator is still cold that is why is seems that it is still working. The blower for the vents has nothing to with the operation of the compressor.

Apology accepted.

• Sponsors (?)

I personaly have seen a local mach 1 go 12.80 untouched and a month off the showroom floor. Took the guy all night to get it, couldn't get the launch down and he started the night at a 13.60 ish either spinning or bogging off the line and not really beating it on the top end. After watching him for a while though, I am a believer. I would not put anything I own against him on the street.

well

with your mods id say you would be a close race with a mach 1.. iv seen them at the track run low 14's to low 13's.. your mods should get you a low 13 qaurter mile.. driver race..

WRXracer said:
with your mods id say you would be a close race with a mach 1.. iv seen them at the track run low 14's to low 13's.. your mods should get you a low 13 qaurter mile.. driver race..

His mods make him a low 13 second car? Maybe with a professional driver... Even then I don't see it happening.. Machs dyno at 270-285 or so stock. His mods are not going to get him anywhere close to that number. His gears are not much of an advantage as the Mach comes with 3.55's..

ok

I have simaler mods to him.. and my car runs a 13.7 with me driving.. thats a bad launch.. I know my car could do a 13.4 if I got my launch right.. so 13.4 VS 13.2 mach that is close..

WRXracer said:
what if the GT had it in 3rd and the mach driver was a dumb ass and had it in 4th.. haha..

I've raced people in the wrong gear.. When I first got the car. Happens.. Anything goes on the street. Unless the other car has a HUGE HP advantage, theres no taking someone easy from a roll. I mean, I barely walked away from a heavy convertible T-bird with my Mach. But blew his doors off from a stop..

I raced a Mach 1 several weeks ago. We were both on a two lane road and I was behind him. The car in front of him turned left which made both of us start from a dead stop. We didn't race side by side but I stayed glued to his bumper up to 110 when we stopped. He didn't pull away from me at all!!! I talked to the guy later on and found out that it was a stock Mach 1 with the exception of a K&n and 2-chambers flows.

I'm sure drivers skill had something to do with the outcome. :shrug:

steeda46 said:
I raced a Mach 1 several weeks ago. We were both on a two lane road and I was behind him. The car in front of him turned left which made both of us start from a dead stop. We didn't race side by side but I stayed glued to his bumper up to 110 when we stopped. He didn't pull away from me at all!!! I talked to the guy later on and found out that it was a stock Mach 1 with the exception of a K&n and 2-chambers flows.

I'm sure drivers skill had something to do with the outcome. :shrug:

I'm sure driver skill did come into play.. But 245 rwhp vs 265 on some Mach's is not a big difference. Theres a lot of talk going around on the Mach boards about earlier Machs having different heads and flowing considerable less air then the late 03's and 04's.. Thats why some Machs will dyno at 265 and another will dyno at 290.. Shouldn't be that big of a difference. The early 03 Cobras are affected as well. Apparently the early heads are prone to the infamous tick coming from a bad valve guide... I dyno'd at 283 RWHP... So thankfully I seem to have one of the later Machs (7-16-03 build date)..

ahhh god i cant wait till i get my mach 1-azure blue or dark shadow gray? what do u all think. mach 1's are fast my friends got one and its damn quick easy low 13's high 12's with better tires-ewww goodyear eagles?? what were they thinking.

~silver~

silverstangman said:
ahhh god i cant wait till i get my mach 1-azure blue or dark shadow gray? what do u all think. mach 1's are fast my friends got one and its damn quick easy low 13's high 12's with better tires-ewww goodyear eagles?? what were they thinking.

~silver~

Man goodyears have been on every late model Mustang I've gotten.. 95 GT, 02 GT and now the Mach.. Eww.. Get Azuur.. DSG is cool, but way too stealthy.. I got a DSG, in restrospect wish I would have gotten the blue or the red..

blkgt714 said:
... Besides, 5 yrs down the line from now I'd say his car has a better chance of still being driven arouind. I know the Steeda tune has been good, but I've never seen a blown 4.6 (w/o forged internals) get over 75k miles w/o major problems. That is why I went Mach instead of blowing my 02 GT...

All that aside, a blown GT is FUN :) ...and I'm sure a blown Mach would be a blast. Of course a S/C does accelerate wear, but a lot of it will depend on how the car is treated - that goes for built engines too, even though they'll last longer all else being equal. At any rate I'd rather have my fun and have to rebuild the engine in 5 years as opposed to going N/A just to survive longer .

soslo said:
...A/C doesn't matter @ WOT...

I wish that were true for my car because whenever I go WOT with the A/C on it does affect acceleration initially (I can feel it) .

yeah but they could at least put the eagle f1's on the mach like they do with the cobra-imo.i mean the mach is a special edition and all, probably too much to ask. i kinda would like the stealth appeal to dsg u pull up next to one at night and think its just a gt-and then get smoked with 32 valves of mach 1 power!!!! lol. the azure blue is sweet too though-its a tough call.

~silver~

silverstangman said:
yeah but they could at least put the eagle f1's on the mach like they do with the cobra-imo.i mean the mach is a special edition and all, probably too much to ask. i kinda would like the stealth appeal to dsg u pull up next to one at night and think its just a gt-and then get smoked with 32 valves of mach 1 power!!!! lol. the azure blue is sweet too though-its a tough call.

~silver~

True, but Machs are supposed to stand out.. A DSG looks like a V6 unless you take a real close look at the scoop etc.. I love the color though, but too stealthy for me. I think I might go with silver stripes instead of black...

FastRedPonyCar said:
u sure?? He ran low 13's at MMPIII with slicks. I can't imagine him being able to knock a full second off that.

of course...the track conditons were pretty bad...I was about .2~.3 off my usual times myself. :nonono:

Sorry, sorry. Typo my friends. low 13s is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.