mach 1 vs 00 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

MrMorden said:
Cobra Killer just ran low 12's with his...stock. :hail2:

You never had a prayer. Those cars are VERY strong right off the showroom. With a good driver I'd be hesitant to put money on a race with one, and I have a blower.

Man you would crush a stock Mach 1... People are lucky to hit mid 13's with stock ones!

:nonono:

I barely beat a Mach 1. Got him out of the hole and by the time I shut off he was right beside me (was told that I had him by a bumper). If the road was any longer he would have easily passed me. :)

Im sure I beat the driver and not the car, but, Im still happy about it :banana:

blkgt714 said:
Well ya, you are blown.. Hook a blower up the Mach, and who's doors will be blown off?

Uhmm... Please never say that again. :nonono:

ScaryGT said:
Man you would crush a stock Mach 1... People are lucky to hit mid 13's with stock ones!

:nonono:

Maybe NOW I would...my last time to the track was 100 degrees with a slipping clutch...13.4 @ 106mph :notnice:

Tim's got my car now putting blower cams and a SPEC Stage II in; I should be mid 12's or better on my DRs now. :nice:

NewbStang said:
how does a 03 dohc mach 1 run low 13's while a blown dohc 03 Cobra run only like .3 tenths higher at best

I ran a 13.2@106 stock.. And to the guy that says Mach's are lucky to hit mid 13's is smoking crack. Thats a frequent thing for Machs.. It's about as frequent as a GT running 14.0...

And how does the Mach run close to the Cobra in the quarter? Simple.. Mach's have a solid rear axle and easy to launch on it's softer springs. Cobra's IRS doesn't make launching easy and they play catch up in the quarter and pass them at the end. Cobras trap at 109-111.. Machs trap from 103-107...

I see post like this all the time but I haven't seen much of it on the street with me driving. I raced a modded 99GTA and walk him 3 cars early on and it looked like I would have kept walking but we had to shut down after 1/4 mile or so. I don't know how modded he was but he did have exhaust and several stickers on his window so I'm sure he had a few bolt on's. Since we were going 70 already I just hammered it in 4th.

I have a GT and there just no way no how it's taking the Mach, not in stock form anyway. One thing I do hit on the streets are stupid people that confuse a safe short race with playing chicken. They seem to feel the first one that lifts loses no matter how far out in front the other car is.

I thought the 99 GT was going to do that but it was all good he was just catching up to give me a thumbs up :nice:

blkgt714 said:
I ran a 13.2@106 stock.. And to the guy that says Mach's are lucky to hit mid 13's is smoking crack. Thats a frequent thing for Machs.. It's about as frequent as a GT running 14.0...

And how does the Mach run close to the Cobra in the quarter? Simple.. Mach's have a solid rear axle and easy to launch on it's softer springs. Cobra's IRS doesn't make launching easy and they play catch up in the quarter and pass them at the end. Cobras trap at 109-111.. Machs trap from 103-107...

If you are saying that you run low 13's all of the time stock... well, you must have a freak Mach. Can you honestly say that you ran low 13.2 - 13.3 every time you took it to the track? If you told me that you were running the 13.2 time on Slicks or MT ET Streets I could believe that.

What have you done to to your Mach since it was stock? And how well did your mods improve on your time?

Scary :flag:

scary, dude i think you should drive in one before speaking. If you had actually driven one you would know they are easily 13.3 cars with nothing but bone stockness driven by a normal driver. I wouldn't be surprised if a professional could do a 13.0 with absolutely no mods in hot weather...

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
scary, dude i think you should drive in one before speaking. If you had actually driven one you would know they are easily 13.3 cars with nothing but bone stockness driven by a normal driver. I wouldn't be surprised if a professional could do a 13.0 with absolutely no mods in hot weather...

kirkyg

Granted I have not driven one, but I've seen plenty in warm weather running like 13.6 - 13.8s. The ones you see below 13's are modded with gears, exhaust, and slicks. And the really fast ones... well I've seen them in the pages of MM&FFs and some at the NMRA events, but none at the local t&ts.

Ralph

man you are one hard headed person. I drove one in 95% humidity in the heat of summer and i garantee its a low 13 second car in any weather...mach 1's are quick. They are geared better (3.55's stock), have a better drag suspension, and have more torque than the previous 4valves (different cam specs). All of which makes it a low 13 second car bone stock in bad weather conditions.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
man you are one hard headed person. I drove one in 95% humidity in the heat of summer and i garantee its a low 13 second car in any weather...mach 1's are quick. They are geared better (3.55's stock), have a better drag suspension, and have more torque than the previous 4valves (different cam specs). All of which makes it a low 13 second car bone stock in bad weather conditions.

kirkyg

I'm hard headed :nice: If that is what you want to believe that is fine.. but I'm telling you they aren't that freaking fast. Heck, even the mighty 03 Cobra in stock form with the average driver usually doesn't do better than 12.8x. I've seen stock 03 cobras go mid 13s.... that same day I saw a stock Mach run high 13's. The Cobra actually had a hard time launching so at least he had an excuse. The Mach, on the other hand, seemed to be launching just fine. I'm not hard headed, I'm just stating what i've personally seen.

You come back here after you go borrow a mach and take it to the track... bet you can't hit low 13s with it. :D

ScaryGT said:
I'm hard headed :nice: If that is what you want to believe that is fine.. but I'm telling you they aren't that freaking fast. Heck, even the mighty 03 Cobra in stock form with the average driver usually doesn't do better than 12.8x. I've seen stock 03 cobras go mid 13s.... that same day I saw a stock Mach run high 13's. The Cobra actually had a hard time launching so at least he had an excuse. The Mach, on the other hand, seemed to be launching just fine. I'm not hard headed, I'm just stating what i've personally seen.

You come back here after you go borrow a mach and take it to the track... bet you can't hit low 13s with it. :D
Sorry I have to comment.

Stock Mach 1's are low 13 second cars, period. If you want to know how I know this, it's because 3 of my close friends own Mach 1's.

03 Cobra's range anywhere from 12.6-13.4 stock. It really depends on the driver and conditions. And as already mentioned, the 03 Cobra doesn't absolutely destroy a Mach at the track because the Cobra has the IRS. The IRS is a pain in the a$$ to launch. And in case you're curious how as to where I got my 03 Cobra info, look below. And I also have another close friend that owns one.

But believe what you want.

vipergts281 said:
Sorry I have to comment.

Stock Mach 1's are low 13 second cars, period. If you want to know how I know this, it's because 3 of my close friends own Mach 1's.

03 Cobra's range anywhere from 12.6-13.4 stock. It really depends on the driver and conditions. And as already mentioned, the 03 Cobra doesn't absolutely destroy a Mach at the track because the Cobra has the IRS. The IRS is a pain in the a$$ to launch. And in case you're curious how as to where I got my 03 Cobra info, look below. And I also have another close friend that owns one.

But believe what you want.

Have you and your friends ever taken their Mach's/your cobra to the track, or are you just magazine racing?

I'll believe what I know, Scary :flag:

I have a 2000 gt with about the same mods as you. I run low 13.s. I have a friend who traded his 01 Cobra on a Mach and I met him at the track that night. I beat him every race. He was turning mid 13s. He was trapping at 105 which is faster than me but his 60 ft times were .3 slower than mine. I turn 1.9 60 fts. He was comming strong at the end every time but he never quite cuaght me. I wouldnt have wanted to race him from a roll or any furher than 1320 though. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.