mach 1 vs 00 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
z28killer said:
I have a 2000 gt with about the same mods as you. I run low 13.s. I have a friend who traded his 01 Cobra on a Mach and I met him at the track that night. I beat him every race. He was turning mid 13s. He was trapping at 105 which is faster than me but his 60 ft times were .3 slower than mine. I turn 1.9 60 fts. He was comming strong at the end every time but he never quite cuaght me. I wouldnt have wanted to race him from a roll or any furher than 1320 though. LOL

Are you talking to me? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

All I know is I raced my friends Mach and I had him off the line and through 1st, then in 2nd we were even, and as soon as he hit 3rd he pulled like a mother and smoked the hell outta me. He probably had me by about 2 car lengths before we had to stop, I dont know how fast we got up to, but we obviously went well over 60 since we hit 3rd. The only mods I had at the time were Magnapack cat back and k&n filter. His car is still totally stock and this is his first car, so he isnt an expirenced driver. I got a 03 auto gt. The Mach is fast.

ScaryGT said:
Have you and your friends ever taken their Mach's/your cobra to the track, or are you just magazine racing?

I'll believe what I know, Scary :flag:
LOL, yeah I am magazine racing. :rolleyes:

Yes, they take them to the track. The one Mach ran 13.1 with only a airfilter. The other ran about 13.4 stock. And the third is still new to driving a 5 speed so he does not get good times.

As for the Cobra, I am not exactly sure on his "stock" numbers. I have only seen him race with mods. And I know of a 03 Cobra with a shifter and Steeda CAI that ran 12.9 his second time ever racing with a manual. And the 60' time could of been better, so there is room for improvement. I also spoke with a 03 owner a few weeks ago at the track. He said he is stock. I personally saw him run 12.6.

But I guess you don't give a s**t as to what I just wrote. You'll still believe what you want. Although I have facts to back up what I am saying.

Sad. :nonono:

vipergts281 said:
LOL, yeah I am magazine racing. :rolleyes:

Yes, they take them to the track. The one Mach ran 13.1 with only a airfilter. The other ran about 13.4 stock. And the third is still new to driving a 5 speed so he does not get good times.

As for the Cobra, I am not exactly sure on his "stock" numbers. I have only seen him race with mods. And I know of a 03 Cobra with a shifter and Steeda CAI that ran 12.9 his second time ever racing with a manual. And the 60' time could of been better, so there is room for improvement. I also spoke with a 03 owner a few weeks ago at the track. He said he is stock. I personally saw him run 12.6.

But I guess you don't give a s**t as to what I just wrote. You'll still believe what you want. Although I have facts to back up what I am saying.

Sad. :nonono:

Did you just say something? :rlaugh:

kirkyg said:
man you are one hard headed person. I drove one in 95% humidity in the heat of summer and i garantee its a low 13 second car in any weather...mach 1's are quick. They are geared better (3.55's stock), have a better drag suspension, and have more torque than the previous 4valves (different cam specs). All of which makes it a low 13 second car bone stock in bad weather conditions.

kirkyg

"I drove one in 95% humidity in the heat of summer and i garantee its a low 13 second car"

I think Kirky already said he has driven one. It has a lot to do with the driver and experience as well. they are low 13 sec cars stock. Some run mid 14's with a 2000 gt and same mods as me. some run 13.7-13.8. :)

Ok both of you guys need to stop bitching and arguing. Even though im on vipergts281 side all this bull **** is getting really annoying. The Mach 1 is a low 13 second car stock, of course depending on the driver. A normal driver WILL be able to run low 13's. A beginner will probably be around mid- high 13's their first couple of times at the track. A really experienced driver MIGHT be able to get into the high 12's, with some drags. Remember the MACH 1 is a low 13 second car, not always the driver. And how the hell do you expect to argue about a Cobra when the person you are trying to prove wrong owns a Cobra???? Thats just stupid. :nonono:

You come back here after you go borrow a mach and take it to the track... bet you can't hit low 13s with it.

That is probably the stupidest comment Ive ever seen. Im 16, haven’t even been driving for a year AND my car is auto not stick and I bet I could get an 03 Mach pretty damn close to low 13's if you gave me one day at the track.

Have you raced against a Mach 1? Have you personally driven a Mach 1 at the track?

Oh and keep in mind im 16, not an adult yet, but im asking adults to stop arguing. Whats up with that?

vipergts281- just let this moron believe what he wants to believe. We all already know hes wrong.

forpit2000gt said:
"I drove one in 95% humidity in the heat of summer and i garantee its a low 13 second car"

I think Kirky already said he has driven one. It has a lot to do with the driver and experience as well. they are low 13 sec cars stock. Some run mid 14's with a 2000 gt and same mods as me. some run 13.7-13.8. :)

Well if thats adds clarification I'm not expert driver...im in the middle of learning. But i ran a 14.0 with just filter and catback on my car 02 GT 5 speed. I can also tell you that the mach i drove hauled ass simply put. I've seen them run 13.2's at the track and i wouldnt' be a bit surprised in good weather right off the lot they could hit a 13.0. These cars are much quicker than the 99-01 cobras. They have a better package.

kirkyg

03gtmustang said:
Ok both of you guys need to stop bitching and arguing. Even though im on vipergts281 side all this bull **** is getting really annoying. And how the hell do you expect to argue about a Cobra when the person you are trying to prove wrong owns a Cobra???? Thats just stupid. :nonono:

vipergts281- just let this moron believe what he wants to believe. We all already know hes wrong.
It is annoying, I agree. But I HAVE to comment when people post incorrect information. It's just so annoying seeing someone post BS about something that is totally wrong. I backed up what I said with facts. And when I did state the facts, he fires back with "Did you say something"? That's pathetic and very immature.

Anywho, I was going to comment more on ScaryGT, but for your sake I won't. :D

Good post for someone who is 16. :cheers:

vipergts281 said:
It is annoying, I agree. But I HAVE to comment when people post incorrect information. It's just so annoying seeing someone post BS about something that is totally wrong. I backed up what I said with facts. And when I did state the facts, he fires back with "Did you say something"? That's pathetic and very immature.

Thanks... Im glad to see I (a 16 year old) knows more then some of the older people here on stangnet, i.e. ScaryGT. :rlaugh:

ScaryGT said:
If you are saying that you run low 13's all of the time stock... well, you must have a freak Mach. Can you honestly say that you ran low 13.2 - 13.3 every time you took it to the track? If you told me that you were running the 13.2 time on Slicks or MT ET Streets I could believe that.

What have you done to to your Mach since it was stock? And how well did your mods improve on your time?

Scary :flag:

My Mach is still 100% stock.. I've ran it a total of 7 times at the track thus far.. Here are my times:

First time at track ever with Mach in 89 degree weather @ 1200 miles on the odometer
14.2@101
13.9@104
13.6@103

2nd time at track w/ 85 degree weather @ 2400 miles on the odometer
13.6@104
13.3@105
13.2@105
13.2@106

All passes made on stock goodyears. As you can see as I learned to drive the car better and the car broke in a little I ran some pretty consistant low 13's.. Machs are VERY tight new and really wake up at around 3k miles. With the weather even cooler now I am confident I could crack low 13's all day stock. Don't care if you believe me or not, or think I have a factory freak... I just care that MY Mach is capable of running low 13's off the showroom floor.. Cobra Killer ran his to a 13.1 I believe his first time out.. stock..

blkgt714 said:
Don't care if you believe me or not, or think I have a factory freak... I just care that MY Mach is capable of running low 13's off the showroom floor.. Cobra Killer ran his to a 13.1 I believe his first time out.. stock..

Machs ARE low 13s cars. Your's is normal :) :nice:

Some people are just ignorant. :shrug:

vipergts281 said:

Mr. Viper, isn’t it nice to see that you are on the same level of mentality as a 16 year old.

03GT, do you even own a car yet? :nice:

Status
Not open for further replies.