mach 1 vs 00 gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
5spd GT said:
Lol, obviously your not thinking to well. "Professional Drivers" plague the magazines and tv shows, and you see that they get sometimes "slow" times compared to an enthusiast.

I have seen "professional drivers" get 106mph in a 03 Cobra...and the list goes on...

Just because one drives a fast car doesn't mean they are a good driver in any particular car...

Think this one thru;)
I am talking fun ford weekend not mag.

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
Cold temps can hurt track times...cold air isn't always the best. The density of water in the air is an effect to...

An internal combustion engine runs off air/fuel, not air/fuel/a bit of water:)

How do you know you have been to the track more than he has?

I ran an 11.1 at a 1000ft. track my first time ever driving the bone stock 04 Mach 1...I know that is the equivalent of a low 13...so I'm sure with an experienced driver behind the wheel of a 4v/solid axle and good weather/track prep for grip, a high 12 is possible.

I stay at the track unless it is raining. Different car pull different on topend so there is no equivalent. And anything is possible but not likely high 12's(I dont think I will see it on street tires, not dr).

S281 #39B said:
It is not mis info so. There have been more than a few run slower. I said there are some freaks and Im at the track a lot more than you. A paper tag 2 years after production I bet it was stock(paper tag does not mean stock). What was his 60'. That's got to be 1.8, 1.9,or faster. It also depends on what track you are at. I am not at sea level or cold temps.

Oh yea im sure you know how much I visit the track:rolleyes:
You dont even have a clue that on what a Mach 1 can run down the 1/4 so I wont be listening to your babble or bad advice to people...whats next 03 cobras dont run 12's stock:notnice:
And yes the car was completely stock since everyone there was looking it over after disbelief...sure it was about 40 degrees outside but hey

S281 #39B said:
I stay at the track unless it is raining. Different car pull different on topend so there is no equivalent. And anything is possible but not likely high 12's(I dont think I will see it on street tires, not dr).

Nice, find something else to do...:)

You may not see it on street tires, but someone else might. I'm just saying, do not rule out that they can't do better than a 13.1 in the quarter.

Plus, E.T. don't mean much to me, it is the mph they trap.

They pull different because their is different drivers, shift points, air, weight, etc...

There is a guy in the Mustang club im in, he has a Mach with just a catback and that car hauls freakin balls.

They are a great car, and I want to buy one when prices come down on them.

Faster than Cobra's (non 03/04), but a little less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.