mach 1

now that i think about it, i dont want ford to do the mach1 over again, although it would look sweet. if there are no more mach 1s then there is a good chance that in 30 or so years the 03-04 mach 1s will be alot more rare and i think that would be cool.

• Sponsors (?)

I would say I like them as do many people and am not "spoiled" on them, you sure like putting a negative spin on everyone elses opinion, tactfullness my friend tactfullness. I would hope they would continue building them, and it is a very likely prospect. No they don't have to have them to keep interest now, but mustang buyers and enthusiasts do want them and there is profit to be made so I would say most likely an SE will show up by model year 07. Just because the original plan was to reinject interest in the sn95 doesn't mean now that that is done we won't see them again or not till the platform is long in the tooth near its product cycle end. Yes the Boss probably has a good chance of being used instead or another name but I'm sure Mach 1 is on the table and as long as they make a stop gap in between the Cobra and the GT what they call it is fine by me.

I am a realist. So tact is not often a strong suit. That and I play devils advocate alot. I was merely trying to point out that it is not a given that they will. I have heard a rumor that one will be out by spring. But nothing in concrete.

Well I never said it is 100% I didn't use words such as that because I am not in charge at Ford and this is purely speculation. I was simply pointing out there are strong reasons to build one besides trying to hold interest in a car nearing the end of its product life cycle, giving it a fairly positive chance of happening. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I have doubts that ford will produce a "boss" because Larry Shinoda's family still owns the rights to the boss name so leagaly ford cannot use this name without permission, or without buying it. I think living legends is over and its going to go back to being, V6 model, GT, and cobra. Shelby might do something but I think it will be more like what saleen does on thier cheaper cars where is just graphics, suspension and a few emblems and nicer creature comforts.

Hopefully Im wrong though.