Electrical Mach 1000// Mid Range To Full// Range Help!

Stephen Oltjenbruns

Mar 18, 2016
So I have an 04 with the Mach 460 in it.. When I purchased the car the last owner had the Mach 1000 (Woofers and amp rack) installed. I just recently put in new woofers due to cleaner crisp bass. I then replaced the door speakers to match the new woofers and they were not clear at all.. I then took it to my local audio place, and they said the mach 460 is wired for the door speakers to play mid range and not full range.. I do not know much about audio and do not know how trustworthy they are.. anybody have the same or similar issues or info on this system? The question I am asking is how do I get the door speakers to play full range instead of mid range?

• Sponsors (?)

The question I am asking is how do I get the door speakers to play full range instead of mid range?
Get a new head unit.

The Mach 1000 uses an electric cross over built into the head unit. The signals aren't in the output speaker signal at all.

However. If you do replace the Mach 1000 head unit be sure to get one with an active cross over. Otherwise the low frequency will blow the tweeters as the factory tweeters are NOT protected by an external high pass filter.