Mach 1000 Speaker Replacement Help

Good morning, I purchased a used 2003 GT about a month ago. From the factory it had the Mach 1000 system installed, however the original owner apparently ripped out the amp rack and subs from the trunk, because they are no longer there and I have a weird cut trunk carpet. :shrug:

Anyway, I would like to replace all the speakers in the car along with a decent head unit as the current factory radio has the "CD ERROR" message.

I've been on Crutchfield and they list a miriad of speaker choices, but I was hoping someone with actual experience could chime in and give me some advice.

I would like to just replace the tweeters, and door, and rear deck speakers to some decent equipment, using the stock amps that remain. I don't need any subwoofer in the trunk.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

My little brother has an 02 Gt convert, and what I did for him, is we bought a nice radio deck, changed out his door and rear speakers, and then rewired it into the radio instead of doing the factory amp way. It will sound MUCH better this way. From what Ive read, its harder to use the factory amps since you need bass blockers, a special wiring harness, etc... We rewired his car for the four speakers and hooked it up into his aftermarket radio in about 2 1/2 hours. Its not hard at all