Mach 460 amp replacement aftermarket ?

Rusty67

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Dec 3, 2002
Seattle area, WA
Are there any decent aftermarket amps that fit where the stock Mach 460 amps are in the trunk ? I'm not looking to spend 500 dollars per amp but I also don't want to spend 85 bux per amp either. I was thinking in the 125-250 range.

Any sugestions ?

• Sponsors (?)

I have one extra back amplifier if one of yours burnt out. PM me if you are interested, just pay me for shipping and its yours.

I would like to know because my tweeters in the front a probably not getting filtered properly, so I am getting feedback through my driver tweeter. It is such a pain, I have replaced the tweeters, so either I need to trace a wiring issue or it is in my amplifier..

I have one extra back amplifier if one of yours burnt out. PM me if you are interested, just pay me for shipping and its yours.

I would like to know because my tweeters in the front a probably not getting filtered properly, so I am getting feedback through my driver tweeter. It is such a pain, I have replaced the tweeters, so either I need to trace a wiring issue or it is in my amplifier..

there should be a bypass filter on the back of the amp. well, most have them

So any sugustions for an aftermarket replacement amp that would fit in the stock spot and work well with an aftermarket head unit ?
Check out Soundstream Stealth amps. The smaller ones are ~9"x6", you should be able to fit one in the stock location. I am currently using two of them in my VW and they perform very well IMO. They're fairly cheap too.

So any sugustions for an aftermarket replacement amp that would fit in the stock spot and work well with an aftermarket head unit ?

I'm in the same situation, sorta. When I bought my car it had all the mach 460 stuff in it, even the head unit and single CD player so I upgraded the stock head unit to a new one but the stock 460 amps suck. From what I can tell so far, there are not any direct replacments to the amps so I plan to buy a good 4 channel amp to power the speakers and one to power a sub. You will most certainly have some wiring ahead of u. I will be starting mine this weekend.

Check this site out, has some decent info

http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/mach.html#Mach 1000 Overview

I don't mind wiring it up at all, I just don't want to loose any more space in my trunk.... Maybe I can fit them behind the trunk carpeting in the rear quarter panel area. There is tons of space in there... I think.