Mach 460 and CD-R's

LZR RED COBRA

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2002
i have a 2001 cobra, lately when i play a cd (cd-r) the disc will play for about 10-20 seconds then play really fast then quit

it wont play cds again until i turn the car off and back on again

is the mach 460 for for that year able to play cd-rs? or is it just a busted mach 460

this does not occur all the time some days itll play the disc all day others it wont. i cant really say what happens when i play regular cds since i dont buy "traditional" cds anymore

my warranty runs out on the 13th, and right now the cd player is working fine (of course) should i take it in or what?

• Sponsors (?)

My cd player eats my cds. Like, when you go to eject it, it wont come out. You have to kind of pry it up with a car to get it out... :notnice: Maybe I should get that check before the 26th when the warranty goes away.

Solution

My CD player acts up sometimes also. Here are a few tips.
-Never put a CD with a stick on label in your player. It will get stuck.
-CDR's come in different thicknesses. Don't use the thick ones.
-Watch out for rough edges. These will get stuck also.
-Try a CDR recorded on someone elses computer. It could be the way that yours was recorded. If your CD recorder is the problem, replacing the deck in your car won't fix the problem.

My cd player eats my cds. Like, when you go to eject it, it wont come out. You have to kind of pry it up with a car to get it out... Maybe I should get that check before the 26th when the warranty goes away.

My Mach 460 does that too. If you want to fix it, you have to remove the radio, remove the front face, and clean the 2 gray rubber rollers on the bottom. The get dirty and don't have enough grip to push the CD's out. It will spit them out for another 6 months with no problem.

my mach1000 plays cd-r's just fine, could the lens be dirty?

retail CDs are made with a stamped metal piece in the plastic for the laser to read, CD-R's and CD-RW's use a special dye that is changed by the laser in your CD-RW drive to appear just like the stamped piece in retail CDs. The dye is harder for the player to read.