Mach 460 Head Unit Wiring???

Srpera

Jan 8, 2004
MA
There is a 8-pin plug of wires that go into the back of the Mach 460 head unit of my 2000 GT. This plug contains the power, remote amp turn-on, illumination, switched power, etc. The plug has 8 pins, with only 7 of them being used. Does anyone know the breakdown of which wire is which? They do not use the typical colors (ex. red=switched power, yellow=constant power, etc.). I know there are two amps. Are there two amp remote turn ons? Anyone have the breakdown of this 8 pin plug (seven actual pins being used)?

• Sponsors (?)

How about in layman's terms? :) What is the function of the 7 wires going to the 8-pin plug?

The plug that plugs into here has seven wires. I need to match the wire color with its function:

oemback.jpg

whats more laymans than that diagram?

the 8 pin connector you speak of is represented by the diagram to the left of the picture. Pins numbered 10 would be the top of the plug/harness, pin labeled 2 would be the bottom.

pins 10, 9 and 3 go to the distribution block, pin 1 goes to illumination (dimmer), pin 11, 16 and 2 go to something but the page was cut off. pin 2 is probably a ground.

How about in layman's terms? :) What is the function of the 7 wires going to the 8-pin plug?

The plug the plugs into here has seven wires. I need to match the wire color with its function:

oemback.jpg

Let me take a look at the power distribution schematic and I'll post it in wire colors after work tonight. I can see some confusion because of the numbers (higher than 8). I'll get back to ya'.

Actually it wasn't that time consuming. See if this matches your colors

Black / Pink = 12v in Run or ACC
Violet / Light Blue = 12v all the time
Red / Light Blue = 12v in Start only
Light Blue / Red = Instrument illumination
Black / Light Green x2 and Black are all Grounds

The second wire color is labeled VT. I'm assuming that's violet.