mach 460 help

Discussion in 'Mustang Sound & Shine All' started by snpstang, Nov 30, 2003.

1. snpstang

Founding Member

I have a 2000 mustang with a mach 460 system im going to replace the headunit with a aftermarket pioneer but i want to retain my factory speakers and amps for now what harness do i need to buy i saw the scosche harness from crutchfield for like 50 bucks i believe it has the oea-4 but am wondering what will work

2. jeffnoel

Founding Member

I'm looking at replacing the head unit also. The dealer has it right now because it doesn't recognize that there are still 2 CDs loaded but won't play them or load/eject from the 2 slots. I just checked with Crutchfield.com yesterday and it said that if I cahnged the head unit I also need to change the amps. Is that true if you go with an aftermarket head the factory amps aren't compatible?

3. p0opstlnksal0t

p0opstlnksal0t New Member

it is too much of a pain in the a** to try to replace head unit w/ aftermarket one, while retaining stock speakers/amps. i tried it once and the quality of sound deminished severely. maybe someone else know something i didnt, but if i were you i would stick w/ stock, and maybe change out the 6x8's, and 5x7's w/ aftermarket speakers.

trey

4. COramprat

COramprat Drone Driver
    Mod Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Get an amp interface and harness from Scosche. The Amp interface is the SLC 4 and the harness is the FDK10. Both can be found at Walmart.

http://www.scosche-cars.com/#harness

I replaced the stock head unit with an Alpine in my Mustang and it sounds great.