Mach 460 volume control ?

Tim2002GT

Founding Member
Apr 10, 2002
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Does anyone know how to set the mach 460 stereo to automatically turn the volume up with increasing car speed? I had to replace my battery and now the stereo defaulted back to normal and I forgot how I did it originally.

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone know how to set the mach 460 stereo to automatically turn the volume up with increasing car speed? I had to replace my battery and now the stereo defaulted back to normal and I forgot how I did it originally.

If it worked for you before you disconnected the battery, then most likely you don't have to do the mod. If your car is already equiped with "Speed Volume", you can access it by pressing and holding the power button on your radio while the power is on. One the speed volume menu appears, you can select values 0-7 of how much you want the system to scale the system's volume based on the vehicle's speed. 0 is no scaling, and 7 is maximum. I usually don't go higher than 1 in my hardtop, and 2 in my convertible. Hope this helps.

If your car is already equiped with "Speed Volume", you can access it by pressing and holding the power button on your radio while the power is on. One the speed volume menu appears, you can select values 0-7 of how much you want the system to scale the system's volume based on the vehicle's speed. 0 is no scaling, and 7 is maximum. I usually don't go higher than 1 in my hardtop, and 2 in my convertible. Hope this helps.
:hail2::hail2::hail2: I did not know that!

If it worked for you before you disconnected the battery, then most likely you don't have to do the mod. If your car is already equiped with "Speed Volume", you can access it by pressing and holding the power button on your radio while the power is on. One the speed volume menu appears, you can select values 0-7 of how much you want the system to scale the system's volume based on the vehicle's speed. 0 is no scaling, and 7 is maximum. I usually don't go higher than 1 in my hardtop, and 2 in my convertible. Hope this helps.

I run mine on 3 in my coupe.

Works pretty nice too...although sometimes i have it blasting at idle and then when i speed up, i need to lower it a bit.

The Mach 460 is a pretty powerful radio for stock. I've been test driving some luxury cars lately and their top end stereos are not nearly as loud as the Mach. I was driving a G35 the other week and the saleman went on about their Bose stereo for 10 mins, so i turned it up in the car i was in thinking it had the base model stereo. I quickly replied, "wow you are right..i think i need the Bose stereo..this sucks!" He looked at me and said "This is the Bose stereo" with a straight face. I kinda laughed. It was a terrible radio. The Mach system in my Mustang sounded better :rlaugh: