Mach 460 with Aftermarket Speakers

Skrillex

Sep 18, 2011
Ive been searching for a few weeks trying to figure out a problem

Sofar what i understand in my 1994 Ford mustang GT running a Mach 460 System however, i put a few different speakers since when i got the car they were ALL blown, whatever, i had a few laying around.

In the front i have the same size Infinitys, they work great, however in the back

the Amplifier is pushing 6 Ohms and then going by 3 ohm? i cannot figure this out..

I want to know what the ohms required for the bottom rear speakers are for the stock mach 460,

My rears i switched from the normal Mach 460 speakers to Rockford Fasgate 6 x 9 4 Ohm, They work at low volume up to 16-17 (also running a JVC 40x4 head unit) When i turn the volume passed 16-17 the speakers either bottom out or just quit,... I dont know what is going on, and if i need to bypass the amps, or just remove the amps, what could i use to replace them, however, im also looking into putting a sub in it. I'm not really good with cars audio, so if you understand anything that i just said please anything can help

To long didnt read ;

replaced stock mach 460 rear speakers with 2 rockford 6 x 9 4Ohm, and it bottoms out, Any reason to why??

Also, If needed to buy different amps, which ones could i get that would work, and allow me to run a subwoofer..? Im confused about this and havent found an exact answer to my question..

OH AND PS :

Are the stock mach 460 rear speakers running at 6Ohm speakers? 8 ohm? 4 ohm? Google isnt my friend today :/

• Sponsors (?)

If u wanna keep it stock ish then I'd look on eBay and replace the back speakers with factory 5x7s then just run your rca and remote wires for your sub. If u don't car bout having factory stuff then go ahead and rip.out the rear amps and and get either a 4 channel amp or 2 2 channel amps. If u can get one big 4 channel amp that has enough end power for your sub bridged and to run your 6x9s then this is the way to go but in not then 2 2 channel able is the way to go. BTW I think jbl makes a amp that has like 300 rms bridgedx2 that should work great for u. It's like 400 bucks tho and the size of your factory amps.

If u wanna keep it stock ish then I'd look on eBay and replace the back speakers with factory 5x7s then just run your rca and remote wires for your sub. If u don't car bout having factory stuff then go ahead and rip.out the rear amps and and get either a 4 channel amp or 2 2 channel amps. If u can get one big 4 channel amp that has enough end power for your sub bridged and to run your 6x9s then this is the way to go but in not then 2 2 channel able is the way to go. BTW I think jbl makes a amp that has like 300 rms bridgedx2 that should work great for u. It's like 400 bucks tho and the size of your factory amps.

Could you link me to an amp so i could power both the rear speakers and a sub? Regaurdless of price, maybe a few links if you dont mind, im just looking for the best options so i can get my sound to be naise :D didnt like the mach 460s they are horrible :/

Also would it be possible to instead of having read 6x9 the amps power 2 10" subs or even a 12"?