Mach 1 Mach and GTO head to head

• Sponsors (?)

Can't outrun bland.

The the GTO has a superior interior (I like the look of my Mach1s interior even if everyone dogs it)...u gotta admit while giving up nearly 65 cubic inches of motor, the Mach puts up some impressive numbers and the 200 extra lbs doesn't help the GTO much either. Also I don't think you'll be gettin a GTO anywhere near what I paid for my MACh. :flag:

I don't care for the interior of that Grand Prix with a V8 in it. I suppose I would like the over all car more if it was retro styled a little bit. But I do like the numbers it puts up!

So much for the GTO NOT being any competetion for the MACH1 like I have been reading around here :rolleyes:

SLP has gotten a best 13.1 @ 107mph on their stock M6 GTO.

Glad to finally see them tested together.

RealQuick said:
So much for the GTO NOT being any competetion for the MACH1 like I have been reading around here :rolleyes:

Anyone who doesn't think teh GTO and Mach are close in straightline performance are either in complete denial or just too damn brand loyal. :nice:

RealQuick said:

Too bad they cost more than a Cobra in real dollars out the door, so no there not really our comp. 1/4 mile times depend on elevation and weather, this isn't near the best times for the Mach just a head to head comparison by their mag on the same day and same track.

I'll save the $10k real dollars and keep the looker and have the real collectors car there will be less Mach made in the 2 years than 1 year of the BLOAT.......... :spot:

ttown said:
Too bad they cost more than a Cobra in real dollars out the door, so no there not really our comp.

As far as the editors were concerned the quality shows the price difference. Nobody was arguing over price. Too many MACH owners here are in denial about the PERFORMANCE of a GTO. They call it the bloat and blah blah blah, but which car trapped higher? :rolleyes:

1/4 mile times depend on elevation and weather, this isn't near the best times for the Mach just a head to head comparison by their mag on the same day and same track.

Ummm...isnt that the way they should be tested? Head to head on the same day :shrug: I dont understand your point? If the MACH's numbers werent that great that day, then the GTO's werent either. Again, look at the trap speed. Both cars should have run faster than 13.5's.

As far as you keeping your car, thats fine. Evevryone has preferences. I suspect I would take a MACH1 over the 04' GTO too. However, if you want to talk about saving the cash, I am at a total investment of 10k less than a MACH1 and I am gonna have no problem waxing pullied cobras. JMO.

I agree, the MACH1 will be a collectors car, if you leave it unmodded.