Mach1 Chin spoiler on 97 GT! AWESOME!!!

• Sponsors (?)

BTW, to the "Boss" girl...

Mach 1 chin > Shinoda chin

The over priced Shinoda one is too big and bulky, IMO. Also, fiberglass is the WORST thing you can make bumper/chin out of. You need a material that has some sort of deformation characterists that keeps it from cracking when impacted. That's why urethane is preferred for body kits, etc. Leave the fiberglass crap to the ricers.

FastRedPonyCar said:
i was looking at the CDC one as well as the shinoda one. they're both waaay too expensive ($150 and $255 respectively).

onlyme - yes I beleive it is the exact same piece from ford. Stangtrooper might can verify this. the similar prices suggest that it is.

I could honestly see paying the $255 for the boss spoiler, IF it was pre-painted and they guarenteed the paint up to the point of drop-off. That is a little pricey for just a straight (relative) piece of fiberglass. Even the Saleen is cheaper.

$150 for the CDC? Give me a break... If I want a Mach 1 spoiler for my 98, I'm going to do just like this guy did...

BTW, it does look good...

dkshadow said:
Uhmm, you DO know that a 99 is STILL an SN95, right? :shrug:

Good god mister semantics yes i know a 99 and up is technically called a SN95, but when I refer to a 95-98 stang, I call them SN95's, just like about everyone else on this board.

Ok enough offtopic sillyness- Sweet pics !! ;)

That is a nice mod. If I wouldn't have gotten the Y2K R bumper for my '96...i'd definetly get me one of those.

I was curious to know if you scrape when you go on dips or over speed bumps. I'd imagine you'd go side ways or an angle. My front bumper scrapes when i go through dips..but i assume it's the black air deflectors on the sides.

Congrats great pics.

Gabe8496 said:
That is a nice mod. If I wouldn't have gotten the Y2K R bumper for my '96...i'd definetly get me one of those.

I was curious to know if you scrape when you go on dips or over speed bumps. I'd imagine you'd go side ways or an angle. My front bumper scrapes when i go through dips..but i assume it's the black air deflectors on the sides.

Congrats great pics.

thanks gabe. you got a pic of that bumber? I remember seeing a R type bumber on the www.sinisterstangs.com car. Looked pretty good.