Made my own strut tower brace

What color should I paint it?

• Gloss Black

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Metallic Silver

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Rio Red to match the car

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • other (please post your color suggestion)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys,
Some of you might remember me posting a thread a few months ago about needing some project ideas for a welding class I was taking. Well among other projects I did, I made a strut tower brace for my stang. :nice: I just finished it up today to the point of primering it and leveling out a few nicks and scratches with body filler. I wanna know your opinions on what color to paint it.

Also, here's a pic (made of 1 1/4" (.095" wall) and 1" (.095" wall) seamless tubing and 3/16" Steel plate.)
IM000596%20b.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I'm gonna pass on red, cuz I am havin a hard time getting a spray can of rio red, basically I can only get it to use with a spray gun...which I dont feel like messing with just for a STB. I think I'm gonna go out on a limb and paint it silver, then if I dont like it, primer it again and paint it black lol.

illwood said:
Silver got my vote. Now, how about a close-up of those weld beads so we can see how good you got in class? ;)

haha, I actually got pretty decent. I'll take some pics of the beads sometime tomorrow if I get a chance.

Cobradave - I was originally gonna have it powdercoated, but I couldn't find a place that powdercoats single items like this around here. I'll paint it for now, and if I find a powdercoater someday, I'll strip it down and get it coated.