madmike1157's car's cousin

newskool

Oct 17, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
Crusing Jalopnik this morning and I found this little gem. Crazy to think somebody othe than madmike1157 followed through with this idea. (btw I think it looks pretty good as does mike's.)

http://jalopnik.com/5971289/for-9500-is-this-mustang-a-pony-express
original.jpg

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 111
  • Sponsors (?)

That one is nowhere near as nice as Mike's was. The builder didn't seem to make as much as an effort to make the style lines flow together, and the front end somehow doesn't look like a Fox OR a first-gen. It's not entirely hideous, just not the same level of craftsmanship as Mike's car. It is in dire need of some different wheels/tires.

original.jpg

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 1 user
The front defiantly has more 4 eye in there than first gen but this car doesn't stand out like Mike's. Mike's was like. If Ford decided when making a new mustang in 79 to cross a 1st gen with the boxy styling of the 80s. This is just a different creature in it's self. I'm not a fan, but the rear did come out really nice.

Sorry but that car is a train wreck.

Also, the whole black grill/hood/fender tops thing, I had that paint idea about 10 years ago and now that i see it i'm so glad i didn't do it.

Reactions: 2 users
That one is nowhere near as nice as Mike's was. The builder didn't seem to make as much as an effort to make the style lines flow together, and the front end somehow doesn't look like a Fox OR a first-gen. It's not entirely hideous, just not the same level of craftsmanship as Mike's car. It is in dire need of some different wheels/tires.

original.jpg

yes it is not the level of madmikes its not an easy task, these builds almost never work out this car is clean still doesnt flow right

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 115
This guy looks like he used a prefabbed bolt on rear end, and just crammed some round lights on the front of a 4 eye. Mike's car was hand formed and molded to the lines of the fox's body. Although this one has a clean install, it just doesnt have the thought or effort put forth like the crazy old man's car.

Well just got home, and got my first look at this.

Having had everybody take potshots at me for the entire year, one side of me want's to leave it be, and save the commentary, giving the dude credit for the work he put into it.

AND....He did manage to make a mass produce-able style kit that everybody who wanted one could just bolt on,

BUT... on the other hand, it misses the mark.

The tail is even more dis-proportionate than mine was (read,.... too short), giving the back a really "smashed" look.The obvious "bolt on" look of the rear end fascia screams fiberglass kit. The front end is just bad. The headlights are chinese through and through, and lend none of the "R" style apron I was trying to emulate.

It still feels weird to throw rocks at ole dudes car though, because he's out there,...and I know first hand what it feels like to watch people chew up and spit out your hard work. I don't know if he got his idea from mine, or was having a simultaneous ephinany during the time I was putting my eye out, but I feel sorry for him if he takes it to MW this year after the SVT pricks get a hold of him..

Not knowing how mine would end up as it was being built, It was this example I feared mine would end up looking like. Fortunately for me, I know now that I managed to pull it off.
I also know that I could make a killer hatch back version of my notch, but as polarizing as it was, also know I'll never attempt it.

Reactions: 1 user
agreed mike. yours is definitaly a clean finished product. It's almost like this is the Chinese knock off of what you did. i.e. it has the right style just not the best execution making it look somewhat off. I just thought it was neat to see someone else try what you did. Too bad they couldn't pull it off.

That thing is hideous. I never really got hooked on mikes car but would never knock the craftsmanship. But there doesn't really appear to be any effort with this one so I really don't feel bad

original.jpg

My thoughts exactly.
Its different. But looks cobbled together.
The rear section started out ok then it looks like they just got in a hurry to finish it.

Sent by Siri using Tapatalk

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 104