Maf And 24lb Injectors Installed........do I Have To Reprogram The Computer By Removing He Power

• Sponsors (?)

I can't really answer your question from a knowledge standpoint, but this seems like such an easy thing to do, I would do it. Worst case scenario is you have to reset your presets and clock on the radio. But with what I understand about the system, the MAF doesn't do anything while the engine is turned off and is basically a real time analysis of what your engine is doing. If the MAF is calibrated for the 24# injectors that you've installed, it is basically only fooling the ECU into operating like it should by sending a corresponding 19# injector signal for your engine to run optimally with the larger injectors. So while I don't think it is a necessity, it really wouldn't hurt anything to disconnect the battery for a bit. If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me-I am far from an expert and don't mind learning something new!!

Anytime you replace a component even just a typical sensor I highly suggest doing a base idle reset.

Now getting into the actual gist of what's happening you may not need to perform this as your ecu should not see any difference in data, but the reset will ensure that everything will go smooth from the word go.

Ii unhooked it for 30 mins,wasn't sure if it was needed or not but did anyhow.
I can't really answer your question from a knowledge standpoint, but this seems like such an easy thing to do, I would do it. Worst case scenario is you have to reset your presets and clock on the radio. But with what I understand about the system, the MAF doesn't do anything while the engine is turned off and is basically a real time analysis of what your engine is doing. If the MAF is calibrated for the 24# injectors that you've installed, it is basically only fooling the ECU into operating like it should by sending a corresponding 19# injector signal for your engine to run optimally with the larger injectors. So while I don't think it is a necessity, it really wouldn't hurt anything to disconnect the battery for a bit. If I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me-I am far from an expert and don't mind learning something new!!

To second what was typed, if the MAF matches the injectors, no reprogramming should be needed. Disconnecting the battery with the head light switch on for 20 minutes seems to reset any memory in the computer. If it ran well before the swap, resetting the memory then resetting the idle (or just checking the idle settings) should be enough. (Does @stykthyn have a more elaborate procedure link handy?)

It might run a little funny as the computer figures out what it is doing after changing any sensor. But better it do it quickly from scratch if it speeds up the process.