MAF HELP PLEASE!!!!

hey guys,

i am in the process of switching my 87 over to maf. i have been doing a lot of research on the converstion,reading the conversion instructions on this website, but i still have a few questions. first i am a little confuseed what each part is. i think i picked up all the plumbinf from an 89 gt and i got a 89 computer. i have the plug thing that i think goes into the meter on the tube. the plug thing has 4 wires on it. those wire were cut so that is all i have. i attached a picture.

my question is, do i need to run new wire from the exsisiting 4 wires to the computer?

how to i insert thenew wire into the open holes in the computer connector?

Should i get 14 guage wire for the new wiring?

do i need anything else for the converstion?

Thanks

Attachments

• maf.jpg
    maf.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 66
  • Sponsors (?)

Mustang Mass Air Conversion « <---Link

This is all you need (skip 5&6)
Yes you need to run 4 wires from computer to the connector and you'll be good on that or you can buy this if you so choose 1986-88 Mustang 5.0L Mass Air Conversion Wiring Harness by Pro-M at LRS - Same Day Shipping! <---Link

And no you will not need anything else just follow the instructions and you'll be good to go. I've done 12 maf conversions on 5.0s and skipped (5&6) and runs like a champ

Hopefully all this helps any other help just pm me

Mustang Mass Air Conversion « <---Link

This is all you need (skip 5&6)
Yes you need to run 4 wires from computer to the connector and you'll be good on that or you can buy this if you so choose 1986-88 Mustang 5.0L Mass Air Conversion Wiring Harness by Pro-M at LRS - Same Day Shipping! <---Link

And no you will not need anything else just follow the instructions and you'll be good to go. I've done 12 maf conversions on 5.0s and skipped (5&6) and runs like a champ

Hopefully all this helps any other help just pm me

thanks, i sent you a pm