MAF Sensor Cleaning?

• Sponsors (?)

I always just use the MAF cleaner found at any auto parts store. Just undo the 2 screws on your maf sensor and pull the unit, then spray off the little wires. Be careful because they are delicate

You need a #20 (I believe) Tamper proof Torx bit. They should have them at the auto supply store. You also need "Electric parts cleaner" or something like it. You just unplug the MAF, take the two Torx bolts out, pull up on the MAF sensor, spray the cleaner and reinstall it. Should take no more than 5 min's. It solved a bad pinging problem for me!

Good luck,

Matt

I always just pull the MAF and shoot electrical cleaner through the inside tube.

that's what i do

i've never had a problem though, just more of a preventative maintenance thing than anything else. whenever i clean my k&n i just shoot a little electrical cleaner at the maf wires

same with the IAC, i'll take it off every once in a while and hit it with some brake/parts clean to remove all the caked on muck

'o2 with a little over 40k and haven't had a problem yet

thanks for the info

I think it's more then the maf now. I tried to start it today and it shook, gurgled, rattled, and died. Next time I tried to start it, it would start up, Starter was turning and all. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or fuel filter. Filter was replaced before we moved here, so it's about 2 years old.

If it's having more of a hard time running after you cleaned the MAF up good, look into a vacuum or intake gasket leak somewhere. Take a peek at the PCV too. If all else fails, seafoam the hell out of it.