MAF Voltage Too High At Idle?

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Hey guys, ive been battling this problem the last two weeks or so, see if you guys can think of something that could be causing this.

I swapped over to a brand new 90mm LMAF that I got from buyfordracing.com, anyways ive been using TunerPro and a Moates Chip to do little things with my tune for my car(turn off EGR, smog, change transfer function for new MAF, injector slope changes, WOT timing, etc). Anyways, I got the MAF on the car and the chip installed and started it up and the car was so rich it would barely run. I'm talking foul plugs, gas in the oil rich. At first I thought I had messed up the base tune, so after posting about it on EEC Tuning we done the run down on basics(checking fuel pressure, making sure MAF is good. cleaning MAF, etc). I leaned the transfer function out and changed the injector slopes to 50/52 to lean the car out, still its incredibly rich. I used a volt meter to check my MAF voltage and its around 1.3x volts at idle!! So this is the problem im seeing, so does anyone have any idea what would cause the voltage to be so high? The computer thinks its seeing roughly 65kg/hr at that voltage level so its adding that much fuel in and its way wrong. The car is a turbo car with the LMAF being used in a blow through configuration. I dont want to swap to draw through becuase I would have to redo my coldside piping and I dont have the room off the front of the turbo, plus my MAF cant be recirculated(This is a debate on its own, lets not get into that.hehe) So, can anyone give me any ideas as to why its seeing that type of voltage at idle? Just looking for any types of ideas here, Thanks guys.:flag:

Here is a link to the thread on EEC tuning if you want to skim through and see things we have tried etc. Also, my tunes are posted in that thread as well.
http://eectuning.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8101

• Sponsors (?)