Magic Eraser FTMFW! *pics!*

I just cleaned both of the stangs.....wow these things are awesome! My 2complaints are that if you put any elbow grease into the pads they break up, and they get the dirt out but not off of the surface. You should have a wipe off rag handy to go over the surface after the magic eraser. Thanks for the thread!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

WOW thanks Ambo! I went to Target today and bought 1 box of 50% stronger, 1 box of the foaming kind and two 4 packs of the original. All I needed was one spong of the original :rlaugh: . These things clean like NO OTHER..WOW. Just disolves the dirt and grime from my arm rests, seats and anything else...I spent ALOT of timing SCRUBBING HARD with simple green and the such a few months ago and it took ALOT to get it out....these erasers do it with almost no effort. I almost cant believe what these things can do! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!

WOW thanks Ambo! I went to Target today and bought 1 box of 50% stronger, 1 box of the foaming kind and two 4 packs of the original. All I needed was one spong of the original :rlaugh: . These things clean like NO OTHER..WOW. Just disolves the dirt and grime from my arm rests, seats and anything else...I spent ALOT of timing SCRUBBING HARD with simple green and the such a few months ago and it took ALOT to get it out....these erasers do it with almost no effort. I almost cant believe what these things can do! HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended!

Although I didn't discover them, glad they helped you! :nice:

These things work almost TOO well. They are the kind of miracle that we'll find out in 10-20 years causes cancer, aids, diabetes, osteoperosis, and a multitude of other diseases.

Oh well, they clean too damn well for me to really care!

Proposition:

OK, since this thread is bound to be 'seafoam-esque' why don't you all post new uses you find for it. Forget the dumb website, just post em' here. That way, this would be an informative and useful thread (unlike teh foam).....

Just an idea. :)

Alls they are is Melamine Foam...a combination of urea (piss) and formaldehyde (keeps dead bodies from rotting). It was also a big player in the recent dog food deaths because it is deadly if ingested. They don't seem to have much in them as far as soap or detergent, sounds like the porosity and abrasiveness of the foam are all that really do the cleaning. Weird.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine_foam

While the name-brand "Magic Eraser" is made by Mr. Clean (Procter & Gamble), the foam itself is manufactured by BASF under the name "Basotect" and was already a common product before this new use was discovered. Other companies have also begun cutting it up and marketing it for its cleaning properties, either under other names, like Coralite Ultimate Sponge, or as a generic product.

The foam also has other interesting properties: it has high sound insulation efficiency and is also flame resistant. It's also very light: replacing the traditional foam in aircraft seats, an Airbus A380 can lose 600 kilos (1320 lbs).[citation needed]

Melamine foam has been used for decades to create whiteboards, kitchen cabinets, soundproofing materials, as a fire-retardant material (but not as insulation, because it allows air to pass through its structure).

i always trust 100% of what wikipedia says!

I can find you plenty of non wikipedia sources that say the same thing. The fact that it's Melamine is straight from the manufacturers website. Do the research on Melamine yourself if you don't believe me. I'll still use them, they work great, just figured i'd post that interesting info.