Magnaflow catback guys

new question: how would this exhaust sound with a upr catted x? i heard the snakebite cobra on youtube and it sounds like an xpipe, and i think that car is the best sounding one i've ever heard. Anyone got any experience with x's and the magnaflow? (except the magnaflow x, i can't afford it)
I have a Bassani O/R X pipe and the Magnaflow Magnapacks cat-back. Link below.

It's the best 2V setup I've ever heard.

I dreamed of it for 1 year before I finally got the balls to buy it. No regrets. :nice:

This clip sucks and it definitely does not do justice, but here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6BWZV_UjKs

• Sponsors (?)

new question: how would this exhaust sound with a upr catted x? i heard the snakebite cobra on youtube and it sounds like an xpipe, and i think that car is the best sounding one i've ever heard. Anyone got any experience with x's and the magnaflow? (except the magnaflow x, i can't afford it)

the owner of snakebite is a fat, stupid, moronic crook. (joe at msutang magic)

but it DOES soudn awesome.

I took the tips off, used a grinder and put four neat slots around the tube and then cut off the nut and guide and clamped it. Gives you an option to slide the tips if you wanted to. Magnaflo should look to fix that problem.:SNSign:

Thats the exact setup I had on my old 98 GT, UPR catted X and packs. Sounded great but was LOUD. I would not have wanted an o/r mid pipe.

That being said I loved the Borla Stingers I had on my old 2004 GT. I am definatly getting stingers on the 2001. Borla is expensive but its awesome sound and imo a MUCH better fit and quality than the magnaflow CB.

Iv used lock tight...and though it does last longer, they still come loose! But its like every 3000 miles or so. My try the tack weld...should be simple with the mig.

VRS O/R X would make an AWSOME exhaust! I have the Dr Gas O/R X and its basically the same design. The two BEST sounding mustangs I have ever heard had these X pipes. The 2 had differeing sounds, but were equal in how good the sound.

1st car is my own :D
2nd car is a local guy that had the VRS O/R X with a flowmaster cat back. TOTALLY different and 100X better sounding than a girl I used to work with's stang....she had weldin 2 chambers with a bassani X pipe. It popped and just sounds bad IMHO. Thats because the bassani X isnt a true X design....im not sure if the UPR version is either?

I haven't had a problem. I haven't had to tighten them at all since I put the exhaust on. My problem was getting the damn tail pipe to line up evenly, which I never was able to do until I put the magnaflow x-pipe on. I think it was a plot by Magnaflow to get me to buy their midpipe.