Magnaflow Catback Question

pfdman

Jan 19, 2002
Chicago, IL
Hi,

I know a couple months back I had read a post from the Magnaflow guy that visits this site talking about Magnaflow looking into selling their catback system with optional 45 degree cut tips. I was just wondering if anybody in here had heard anymore information on that. Would really like to pick up a Magnaflow catback but I just don't care for those 15 degree tips. And can't see myself going out and buying different tips for a brand new catback system.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I remember that topic, as it was utmost in my mind when I was deciding on a catback for mine. If I remember right, Magnaflow was going to charge an upgrade fee to get the 45 degree slash cut tips, but I don't think that anything got solidified. I would have liked to have ordered the SS Magnaflow catback but their stock 15 degree tips turned me off enough to look at the SS FRPP and the Bassani Bx. I ended up deciding on the on the FRPP because of the SS construction and glad I did, but also think the Bassani would have been an excellent alternative as well - the best sounding exhaust IMO. Here's what the tips look like on my '98.
523851_6_full.jpg

523851_2_full.jpg

pfdman said:
Hi,

I know a couple months back I had read a post from the Magnaflow guy that visits this site talking about Magnaflow looking into selling their catback system with optional 45 degree cut tips. I was just wondering if anybody in here had heard anymore information on that. Would really like to pick up a Magnaflow catback but I just don't care for those 15 degree tips. And can't see myself going out and buying different tips for a brand new catback system.

Thanks

you can always have someone cut them to 45* for you. i work at a tool and die shop. we have EDM wire machines and the operator cut his tailpipes for his harley with them.

So I guess there was no more info on an official Magnaflow system with a 45 degree cut tip. I'd really like to go with the Magnaflow system over any of the others. I'll have to give it a good think over, and more than likely I'll probably buy it. Like you said, I could always see about taking the tips to a machine shop and having them cut a little better of an angle on them.

Thanks again

CottonBurnerz said:
Nice ride man :nice:

When I first read that post.. I thought that I would not like the 15 degree cut angle. But when I ordered and got the magnapack, I couldn't be happier.

As many people have said. The tailpipe from magnaflow fits and looks perfect on 99+ mustang :)

Me too...here's mine:

56049Mustang_11_23__9_-med.jpg

56049Mustang_11_23__10_-med.jpg