MagnaFlow...I dont like the sound!

Recently a good friend of mine installed a Magnaflow X-pipe and cat-back on his 00' GT.I must say that I do not like the exhaust tone, it sounds like a 350 chevy or somekind of truck with exhaust. This has me re-thinking what exhaust system im going to install, right now im thinking Borla or maybe Bassani (if possible). Also i saw a 03 cobra with flowmaster exhaust and I must say that it sounded wicked.

• Sponsors (?)

the o/r x might have been the problem. the rule of thumb for some people is catted x w/ flowthrough style mufflers or o/r h... a lot of people don't like the sound of flows/bassani/borla with offroad x's.

ModularMike281 said:
Recently a good friend of mine installed a Magnaflow X-pipe and cat-back on his 00' GT.I must say that I do not like the exhaust tone, it sounds like a 350 chevy or somekind of truck with exhaust. This has me re-thinking what exhaust system im going to install, right now im thinking Borla or maybe Bassani (if possible). Also i saw a 03 cobra with flowmaster exhaust and I must say that it sounded wicked.
That's what I thought when I heard a sound byte of Magnaflows...sounds like a Chevy - gag! (Too much of a burble, like it has water in the exhaust system or something?!) As much a people whine about Flowmasters, they are very popular and have, IMO, the traditional Mustang sound.

GinoGT said:
I hate Flowmaster. Even the name bugs me. Plus I hate the idea of a chambered muffler. Every time I think of Flowmaster I think of some souther hicks. I hate the southern accent........HYUCK HYUCK. :shrug:

I think I need to take a nap. :sleep:

i agree cant believe there still brought up