Magnaflow needs YOUR input- V6 exhaust system pictures- single or dual?

BlueJoker said:
I would offer a dual exhaust kit with measurements to cut the bumper included. I would also include two flat black trim pieces to form fit both cut outs in the rear. This way both sides would look exactly the same, the color of the car would not matter, and you could even put the magnaflow logo on the black trim pieces.

i like this idea. as a v6 owner, dual exhaust is what i was looking for when i was shopping for a catback. i would not consider upgrading one muffler or one pipe- it has to be dual or nothing.

• Sponsors (?)

well i went with a flowmaster 50 series and had a chrome drop tip put on. Looks good. check out my site you can see it a little. cardomain

I agree though if you have a v6 something needs to be done on the rear bumper for duals. If i ever go duals then i will have a cutout made. It's not that big of a deal to cut that out and if your not comfortable then go to a body shop prolly cost you less than $100.00. All you have to do is trim the inside edge off the pass. side then make a cardboard templet flip it over and measure over from the bottom corner. Tape/Mark/Cut your done. Or spend $200 on a color matched lip. I persoanlly will be cutting it out when duals go on which will be about the same time when a charger goes on. Hopefully this year.

dafaic said:
If i ever go duals then i will have a cutout made. It's not that big of a deal to cut that out and if your not comfortable then go to a body shop prolly cost you less than $100.00. All you have to do is trim the inside edge off the pass. side then make a cardboard templet flip it over and measure over from the bottom corner. Tape/Mark/Cut your done.

Very nice car you've got there. The drop tip looks good.

About the cutout...I actually asked a body shop man about this a couple of weeks ago. He said it was very easy...in fact, if I wanted, he'd do the cutting for me and wouldn't even charge me. (Helps that I've given him business before).
But he also warned that cutting a notch out of the bumper without some sort of reinforcement could cause it to warp from the heat of the pipe. So that's something to be wary of.