Magnaflow or Magnapack?

The 'packs will sound mellow at idle, especially with a stock H-pipe. When your driving around, that's when you'll notice the difference. But you really need an aftermarket X or H pipe to notice the exhausts true and complete sound. No drone either, like Flowmasters.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a Bassanni x w/ cats and magnaflow CB and love the sound. No raspiness or popping and a nice rumble. If your planning on adding an o/r x or h in the future, I would stick with the flows. Packs w/ an o/r pipe sound like poop..IMHO. Im completely satisfied w/ my magnaflow system and would recomend it to everyone.

I am not really planning on adding anything in the future so that is why am am considering both. After hearing the clips I agree that packs are too loud for me with an aftermarket mid-pipe. I would just hate to get something that is too loud with the stock mid-pipe and regret it. I guess I just need someone to re-assure me that the packs will not be to loud for my taste with the stock h pipe.

I definately think you should go with the 'Packs. I couldn't get the grin off of my face for weeks after I installed mine. Don't worry about waking up the neighbors. My driveway is pretty close to my bedroom, and my wife doesn't even hear me leave early in the morning. And you'll feel pretty good when people start throwing compliments at you.

I've got a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe waiting to be installed, so I can't tell you yet about the aftermarket mid-pipe, but I'm think you'll be pretty pleased with the stock H. Any questions, you can send me a PM.

MaxxMundo said:
I definately think you should go with the 'Packs. I couldn't get the grin off of my face for weeks after I installed mine. Don't worry about waking up the neighbors. My driveway is pretty close to my bedroom, and my wife doesn't even hear me leave early in the morning. And you'll feel pretty good when people start throwing compliments at you.

I've got a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe waiting to be installed, so I can't tell you yet about the aftermarket mid-pipe, but I'm think you'll be pretty pleased with the stock H. Any questions, you can send me a PM.

You'll have a permanent grin from ear to ear when you get that X on there. Oh, and your wife will get a rude awakening every morning. :rlaugh:

w.neurauter said:
I have stock headers and a stock H and am looking to add some sound to my car. I don't plan any other mods soon because of a college budget so what should I get. I live in a very quiet neighborhood so I am worried that the Magnapacks will be too loud and wake up my neighbors. On the other hand I am worried that the regular magnaflows will be too quiet for me. I do about 30 miles of 75mph highway driving to school everyday so I really need to keep the drone down. I'm going to order one of the two on monday so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Bill
I ordered the SLP Loudmouth II catback for $380 shipped from www.lmpperformance.com . Its also fully 304 (high grade) stainless steel so you don't have to worry about rust. Its got an aggressive sound, even with stock H. Its being installed in 3 days.

Wade

Alright, so now to complicate things even more, where does Bassani fit into this as far as sound and volume. I thought they were too expensive but I just read that people are getting them for $425 shipped. Is it worth the extra money. How does it compare to the magnaflow? Thanks again for all of your help.

Does anyone have any experience with the magnaflow tru-x weld ins? i am thinking it would be a good idea to start with the magnaflows and then if I want more noise go with the welded in x. I would assume this would give more volume to the regular magnaflow catback for around $100 or so?

GDawg said:
No drone at any speed. :D
:stupid:

Man, you should just buy what you want to buy and to hell with your quiet neighborhood. How long are you going to be driving through your neighborhood for? All of 5 seconds? If they can handle that, then screw them anyway. I think in your case you want a good sound, but not something loud, so I think you should just go with the regular magnaflows and get the Magnaflow X-pipe, not the Tru X weld in. It says in the write-up on the tru-X weld in it gives same sound and HP gains, but I find that hard to believe because you've still got the 6 stock cats where the Magnaflow X is 2 cats and their hi flow.

w.neurauter said:
crzhrse,

How much horsepower and torque gain would I be looking at if I did the catted x and magnaflow catback setup?

I'm can't say how much HP/TQ you'd gain. When I had my Mach dynoed, it had Catback, X-pipe, Predator tune, and CAI (later switched to C@L). I saw one website that said 8-12 HP gain for each. Which means you can cut that number in half, and I'd say if you gain 10 HP total between the two that would be nice. I like to be conservative with HP gains because usually you end up disappointed in the HP gain results. I got my Catback and X-pipe as a sound change more than anything and I'm really happy with it. :)