Magnaflow or Magnapack?

cool, I think that I am going to order the magnaflow cat back tomorrow and figure out the cost difference of getting the weld in x pipe and having it put in, versus the catted x pipe and doing it myself. Thanks for all of the help, this is a great place to come for advice.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if you know this or not, but I'd go through partshopper.com for your Magnaflow catback. You'll get $100 off the price by going through stangnet to get it, which means you'll get a Magnaflow system for $365. I saw one site that offered the Weld-in X for $300. A Magnaflow X-pipe through stangnet will get you it for $400. If you take your weld-in X to a shop and have them put it in, your probably looking at $60 for them to put it in. So the difference between the two might only be $40. But it probably depends on where you live as to what your charged for a shop to put one in. Hope you like your exhaust choice, whatever it ends up being. :nice:

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the tru-x weld in. Main reason is that you're still going to have the stock cats and pipes. With the Magnaflow catted X, you're going from 4 restrictive cats to 2 high flow cats and you're going to get mandrel bent 2 1/2 inch pipes as opposed to the stock crimped 2 1/4 inch (I think) pipes. Much better flow than just adding the weld in.

Edit: PM sent (if you're still considering the packs).

Well I ordered the regular magnaflows today. I have a feeling I'll be ordering the catted x pipe later, but I just couldn't see spending all of that money at once. Thanks to everyone for all of the help.

I do have an install question. How hard is it to get the old cat back out in one piece? What does it entail that I do and how much extra time would I be taking? Thanks

I don't think you can get it out in one piece. I had to cut mine behind the mufflers because it simply wouldn't clear the rear axle. I've heard you pretty much have to drop the rear axle if you want to get it out in one piece. It's just not worth it. Cut it.