Magnaflow Question

crzyhrse99

Mar 30, 2005
Kansas
I've decided to chang up my exhaust hopefully for the last time. Currently I have BBK O/R X and 40's Flows. I allready have a UPR O/R X sitting in my shed and looking to get a catback very soon.

I would really like to get the borla stinger catback but cant shell out the $600 for it and my wife would be like:mad: . I can get the regular Magnaflow catback for 400 which I can justify. So my question is do you guys think this would be a good exhaust combo and are the magnaflows straight-through mufflers.

If anyone has any links so sound clips, post them up, I found a few but nothing that really sold me to them.

• Sponsors (?)

yes they are straight thru mufflers and in my opinion UPR O/R X paired with magnaflows is one of the best sounding combos out there.

It's what I have. It's quiet when i want to to be but if i want people to think the world is coming to an end i can do that aswell.:hail2:

yes they are straight thru mufflers and in my opinion UPR O/R X paired with magnaflows is one of the best sounding combos out there.

It's what I have. It's quiet when i want to to be but if i want people to think the world is coming to an end i can do that aswell.:hail2:

If you think the world is coming to an end with the regular magnaflows try the magnapacks with a catted H. Ether why you can't go wrong with magnaflow products.

If you think the world is coming to an end with the regular magnaflows try the magnapacks with a catted H. Ether why you can't go wrong with magnaflow products.

Yeah with a catted H or X I would definitely be leaning towards the packs. But i'm going catless and everything I have heard has been way too "poppy, crackly" with the magnapacks and O/R midpipe, allthough all I have heard clips from the net and not in person.

I have an o/r H, and 'packs, and at first, i thought it was "poppy", but either something has changed, or its just growing on me, but now i absolutely love my combo. Can't beat the low speed sound of o/r H and 'packs. and WOT, you can hear me comin from a mile away.

very true but the packs are very hard to keep quiet.

No one stays behind me on the highway and I have seen people roll up there windows before I pass by. They sound so.....good when I get on it (much better then the flowpaths I use to have). Sometimes when I see some stupid ricer on the highway I will get behind and to the lane next to them. I turn over drive off (RPMs go up to 3,500k) then give it a little gas to get her up to 4,000,5000RPM and scare the heck out of them with there stupid little fart cans. At night I can keep it on the low side by letting the car shift at 1800 or so. You can't hear it that much cruising with over drive on at 40-60mph so it’s not that bad. As I said in my last post you can’t go wrong with magnaflows. If you are O/R go with the regular, if catted go with the packs. By the way I don’t have rasp or popping with my setup but it might be because I have a 93 oct. tune and 3.73 gears.